Poor plod sheltering from the rain .....

Coming towards the new kent square roundabout heading for tower bridge from elephant n castle

down the new kent road alongside the flyover

saw two sports bikers get pulled by 1 of 3 traffic police on bikes … the bikes were sheltered nicely out of the rain … and 1 plod was peering round the wall out of site waiting for the next poor sod …

they may have been doing a speed awareness exercise … .didnt stay at the red light long enough to engage with them

anyway …this is the streetview of the location … perfect plod hideaway esp when its a bit rainy.

I wonder why is it so important to do it on a rainy day like today when people just want to get to work as soon as possible.

they are there or on the other side quite often .
you can get a fair lick on down that stretch so I’ve been told

Good to see the police putting their resources to good use and catching all those naughty speeders…

I use that square but never use that lane… ave to say I’ve never seen any there before.

They are just doing their job. They really aren’t that bad to us motorcyclist

Not sure I disagree with stopping people speeding down a sliproad leading to traffic lights with two bus stops used by the school round the corner on a rainy morning.

There was some kind of police truck (HGV tractor unit) near there this morning, seemed to have pulled somebody over - if you can’t see a 20 foot high, fully liveried police HGV then you really need to pay more attention :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah used to be one of my favourites for mobile phones and red lights

Its the hiding and peeping round the corner that is a bit snide to be honest. Quite why they are not rolling and pulling the 100’s of phone users in cars is really the point. You clearly know that section well enough and when the bus stops are empty and the road is clear then its nice to make progress towards the light wary that they can change. This was the case yday morning. Gives plod a bad rap. We pay for your fuel boys so get out there and be SEEN ! … .rather than hiding under a flyover out of the light rain and having a chat.

Hmmm i think it more reflects on peoples crap observation skills and applying the information they recieve …and working to that … ooh look red circle with a 30 in the middle what’s that mean but look i can just make those lights if the numbers on my dashboard increase rapidly and higher than that number. Police are seen just generally by most too late .
Ohh i bet that line works wonders on side of the road …

So, was on my way home last night and was comparing the acceleration of my old 18 year old blade to one of the 07 blades from London Bridge to the Elephant and Castle… very much of a like for like after discussing at the lights where the Police Station is just past Borough Tube… we go for it again, however, standing in the centre of the road was Mr PC Plod with his radar out… pulled over the newer blade and let me go…(phew)… hopefully, he just got a telling off… (sorry, fellow Blade-er)

Well, police were out in force today on my commute - fully visible in marked cars & bikes on a bright sunny day and there were still 2 bikes getting pulled for speeding past them. They also had a car for using his phone.
I presume the cops under the underpass would also pull unobservant drivers on their phones - the flip side of more enforcement of the things we don’t like other people doing is that we might get picked up on the stuff we do and want to get away with

1 plod there this morning at 930 … bike under the bridge … him in stealth mode hiding again…lovely day to be out riding … he is lurking in the shadows. Even with good observation skills gonna struggle to notice him behind the wall so be warned.