Policeman leaves gun in cafe

Don’t you join in too,otherwise you’ll never get that tea I owe you:D

I know what you mean, theres been a few times where ive thought **** ive left my rifle behind but luckily its always been where i left it and nobody else has ever noticed.

Used to get it drilled into you at basic though, had to be in arms reach and if it wasnt you had to name it and do press ups kissing it between each one and saying how sorry you was for leaving it and tell it you love it.

Was there not a similar story last year when a lady soldier left her Sig Sauer 9mm in the loo at Sainsbury’s?

If i was sexist i would say “being able to multi-task is all well and good, but having a jack (or jill) of all trades in charge of a firearm… Is that wise?”

But i’m not, so i won’t.Postscript - here are details of the earlier incident. Bizarre that again, there’s a Tony Blair connection. Hope it’s not the same person :w00t:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article190210.ecehttp://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2005/10/18/khazi-uncovered-115875-16261594/http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/4350374.stm

I read about that in the sun today thats a mistake anyone could of made

I must admit that it is a shockingly silly thing to do, but it does happen! I’ve never left a firearm in the toilet before, but I have traveled back from Kosovo with 60 live round’s, whilst on R and R! :w00t:

Look at it from another point of view. When you first get a new mobile phone, you are constantly thinking about it, trying not to forget that you have it in your pocket, on your desk at work etc…Therefor, the chances of forgetting it are minimal because it’s always in the back of your mind.

However, after a while, you tend to become used to it and take it for granted that you picked it up when you left work, the pub or whatever. It’s at this point that you walk out of work, get in your car and drive home before you realise you’ve left the phone on your desk!

The people who carry firearms have the same problem. They have to constantly remind themselves that they are carrying a weapon, especially when they are not wearing uniform, as they carry a weapon like we carry a mobile phone! It’s all too easy to take off something bulky/heavy, in order to go to the bathroom, or whatever, then forget you’ve done it!

What is shocking, is that they had to check the serial against the armory before they realized she’d forgotten it! If this is true, then she will have a very hard time trying to explain why she hasn’t reported it beforehand!:wink:

Wonder what she’d ordered… espresso with an extra shot :smiley:

:slight_smile:

+1
I always though that there was something odd about Broady. Always nice & polite, soft spoken, etc… and on Wednesday he bought me a drink… So far, only women have brought me drinks…

I think its human nature to make mistakes, its one of the strongest arguments for not allowing the police to carry fire arms all the time…they can get lost forgotten, yes it is easy to do, and stolen…

hmm proof right there…

I should think she is a world of **** right now and can kiss goodbye to her career, as to the personal issues defense, that is normal practice now in most large organisations as a way of trying to dodge blame, I hope it wouldn’t wash in this case (should it be used) as it would be tantamount to an admission that she should not have been on active duty in that role.I saw an officer get out of a marked police vehicle and walk into a Halfords store the other day, thing is he had a leg holster and it was empty :w00t: (I know it, was in the secure locker in the car with his partner but it did cause a double take;) ) as to the “why didn’t she report it” question, how long after it was left was it before it was found, it is quite conceivable that she was still on duty and had not discovered the loss (I hope police don’t play with their guns all the time :P)

How many women carry so much stuff in their handbags that it no longer zips shut properly.

The gun probably just fell out :smiley:

There’s obviously a problem in the way they carry their guns. It’s daft they need to remove their guns in order to go to the loo.Why don’t they use those shoulder holster things that Dirty Harry and Starsky and Hutch use?

You never see them leaving their guns in a toilet!Here’s my suggestion for a possible solution…

pistols are basically a pain in the ass to carry/wear around unless a suitable holster is used,they dig into you when you sit or move past people and furniture etc.the problem with holsters are that in order to hold them securely they require a substantial belt (I’m assuming the reports of the pistol being a Glock 17 are correct, this is a substantial large capacity pistol) therefore it would not be unreasonable for the pistol to be taken out of the holster before “assuming the position” (of course leaving the damn thing was a bit of an oversight!) I have no idea what the mets policy is with respects to shoulder holsters, but they are not generally that good for use where fast deployment of the weapon is required, they tend to get tangled in clothing and require jacket to be worn to conceal them, they also offer the butt of the pistol to anybody in front of you who might take a liking to it! the military use them because they put the weapon out of the way, of course the military rarely need worry about drawing fast, thats what God gave them a rifle for :slight_smile: the movies like them because they look cool, almost every police force throughout the world uses waist mount holsters for practicle reasons.So to recap, she most likely needed a “sit down” didn’t want to bash her pistol on the floor or china, or worse still drop it in the bog! so she took it off, like no doubt many others have and will do in the past/future, problem being she walked off without it Doh!

Thanks for the info, kenny.

Erm, as opposed to a…???

lol…that was the first thing I thought too! :laugh:

got me there :P:P:P