Police recruitment

Don’t know much about joining the Police, but if you’re looking to join the LAS as a Paramedic then they are recruiting at the moment.

http://www.londonambulance.nhs.uk/careers/student/student.html

It’s a three year course and from what I’ve heard so far it’s pretty hard going. If you want to know anything more about the job then PM me and if I can’t tell you what you need to know then I can point you in the direction of someone who can. :slight_smile:

Response driving, in my opinion, isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. I soon tired of the wrong side of the road, going through the red lights etc etc. It’s gets very repetitive, and all it usually means is that you get to a pile of crap call quicker than you might have done:) It also means that your driving licence is on offer if you make a mistake (which is easily done on a 12 hour shift, where you go from ‘I’ grade call to ‘I’ grade call without a break) and have a big off…

There are loads more routes to an exciting career which don’t involve piloting a moderately slow saloon car at a moderately fast speed through the London traffic. A lot of people go into the job with preconceptions about what career path their going to take (normally traffic or CID) and then find a whole world of excitement opens up to them…I’m spectating at the LB trackday if you want a chat…

Forget the rozzers mate, join Her Majesty’s finest and you can do all of the above and get to see a bit of the world while your doing it. It’s like my grandad used to say ‘I don’t know why everyone complains about the war, I got to fly in a plain, ride a motorbike and shoot some Gerries, I had a great time’. Go on, be the best!

shando