Police arrest biker to take helmet cam...

I suspect that it was probably reported by somebody on youtube - maybe the farmer saw you riding across his field or a scientist saw you tearing up his site of special interest.

Either way I think it was dealt with politely & well - if you didn’t know it was illegal, he let you know. If you did know it was illegal then you got away with a slap on the wrists.

Just watched the Vid and I think the Cop could and should have handled it much better but … the interaction started badly with the attitude of the biker. He starts of by gesturing back at the cop while he is getting pulled and then shouting ‘what’ when he gets stopped.
I’m sure it wouldn’t have gone that bad for him if he’d shown some respect and he probably would have got some back.

http://www.policeone.com/patrol-issues/articles/5768571-Video-Bikers-harass-cops-deputy-arrests-rider-for-video-evidence/

Same group of riders. Two sides to every story.

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1:{behavior:url(#ieooui) } / Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:“Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:“Times New Roman”; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}Yes the pull over started with poor communication requestingthe biker to assist the police that led to an dubious assertion of a crime thenleading to the bikers arrest.

I appreciate this could happen in London too by an officer who didn’t explainwhat they wanted the film for.

I guess my question would be would the police pull a bikerover for a film in London as in the US the laws are being blurred by the US legalsystem in the name of preventing terrorism where the need of getting a warrant firstis no longer required.

Got to say, having been burgled twice once in my home ( i waited 3 days for police to turn up) and once in my office (caught them at it, but they walked away due to lack of evidence (CPS) - apparently they found it like it and there finger prints where all over the place as they where looking for a phone number for someone to call) i do think the police have there hands tied over bigger crimes, they hate it but there is nothing they can do, i bet if you ask most police they will tell you they did not join the force to pull people over for doing 44 in a 40, but seeing as its easy to book you for it they do as they are (or where) on targets, and thanks to all the do gooders out there is a lot easier for them to nick you for petty things than to nick a pro criminal.

I tend to think of the police like your nanny, really good at catching you and telling you off for doing naughty stuff, but they are pretty useless for the most part if its serious.

But as i said its not really there fault, there hands are tied - there are to many police sitting behind desks pushing pens, for those interested the book “wasting police time” is an excellent read.

Without double checking (and if I’m wrong no doubt someone will be along shortly to chastise me), I’m sure that if there is reasonable grounds that the footage may contain evidence of an offence then it can be seized. No need for a court order - again, I’d have to double check this.