Picking up a scooter this afternoon

Scooters are a riot around town. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Gavin might be an option as well

I will reserve female names for a “proper” bike :slight_smile:

F-me thats a funky colour!

At least it wont get nicked. I cant see that colour high on their shopping list :smiley:

Kudos for getting one,e spec the short journey which is pointless on a bigger bike.

Can we get a pic with you on it, really enjoying Riding a Poo?

I don’t think I’ve ever been so insulted in all my life!!! lol :laugh:

You crazy!?!?! Like i’m going to have hard evidence of me riding around on it! :slight_smile:

haha. come on :smiley:

name idea: Poo. Girls call their car or something silly like hairstraightners ‘Boo’

How dare you! My scoot is called Pedro, car is Polly, Gixer is Rufus, none of them silly…oh ok so naming them in the first place is silly :smiley:

So Lewis you said riding a poo so how about he calls it Apu :slight_smile:

Apu! Brilliant name

Well I think a leopard skin paint job would really compliment the brown - it will look fabulous and you can ride it with dark glasses on and a cigar hanging from your mouth, just to add to the effect :slight_smile:

I would rather have a leopard skin scooter like yours than be like the geezer attempting to speed on the BMW on the A3 this evening - full bike gear with little polished office city shoes - it looked wrong on so many levels…:smiley:

thanking you please :slight_smile:

Gotta be Apu. Of course, we then have to re-christen that Yellow Hornet someone had as Homer…

Ahhhh… stop pretending you’re embarrassed to be seen on it! It’s the sign of a modern metrosexual man… or is that homosexual, I’m not sure? You could always custom it up like this one that was on Ebay a few days ago - Living On The Breadline. Very apt given you bought it to economise?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/living-on-the-breadline-custom-vespa-p200-/330915085167?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item4d0c137b6f though he’s re-listed it in Edinburgh whereas the original listing was in Bradford?!?!
I go with the modification suggestion. Bore it out to 175 and you’ve got yourself a ‘Honda SH175’. The colour’s already correct for it. :hehe:

Colour reminds me of a 1980’s Austin Allegro :stuck_out_tongue:

Showing yer age there PJ.

Sookie - have we had a ride report yet?:slight_smile:

let’s just hope it rides better than its colour

Hey Sookie how’s it riding then?

It’s dragged up an old idea that keeps cropping up in my head, where I think about getting involved in the scooter scene that the young lads are into round my area… Getting one of those little peds and then doing ridiculous stuff to it like fitting a turbo or a nox jet… Keep getting it back on the dyno to see the power gains… Go and race the little pikeys off the lights…

Has anyone done that sort of thing? Surely someone on here has had a crack at souping up a little scooter…?

I’m obviously not talking about that Vespa shite etc… One of those little Jap things would be the thing…

Ahhhh you’ve got me started thinking about it now! Goodbye next months wages :wink:

Gilera 180 two stroke with upgraded roller bearings and a performance exhaust, used to get 90mph out of it :cool:
Loved it and would love another.

All the little chavs round my way ride heavily modded fecking loud scoots! Always zipping around like nutters! You don’t want to be one of those people do you conrad?

Ride Report: It’s annoyingly good…except when i go over speedbumps…but that what do you expect when you plonk 90kg’s on that poor thing! Besides the speedbumps i’m really starting to like it. It’s soooo fecking easy to ride.

I think a nice name like Arthur? or maybe heston