Peugeot Satelis 250 maxi-scooter - the perfect commuter

For sale - my “Big Pug”. It is a black Peugeot Satelis 250 Executive.

First reg by me in 2009, 31,500miles. Recent MOT (passed first time) and tax until Feb 2013. Full service history, carefully maintained and garaged both day and night. Starts immediately and runs sweetly. £1900.

Perfect for commuting, the Satelis is Peugeot’s maxi scooter and very similar in size to the X9/X8 ranges. This one has the Piaggio 22hp 244cc engine and associated transmission and so shares most service parts with a wide range of Piaggios, Vespas and Gileras.

It maxes out at well over a real 80mph (allegedly) yet returns 80-90mpg on my 27mile each-way commute. As this is the Executive model it comes with (1) linked, power-assisted brakes with ABS, (2) a manufacturer installed built-in physical security system which secures an ABUS chain to the frame from inside the scooter’s boot, as well as an immobiliser, and (3) rain-cover stowed in the front of the seat. The Satelis has huge storage capacity - the boot can take 2 full crash helmets or objects as long as a badminton racquet (with space for your kit too). There is also a glovebox with a 12v outlet which is deep enough to take a 1 litre water bottle. On the handlebars is a small cubby for sunglasses, a cloth, or coins, etc.

I will upload my own photos soon, but in the meantime I have borrowed a couple of shots of the main features from some websites.

Here’s some of the official description from when new: Following hot on the heels of the Satelis 125, which has been praised for its levels of refinement in terms of specification, build quality and performance, the 250cc version from Peugeot takes the French manufacturer into new territory and is its first model in this capacity sector. At the heart of the Satelis is a modern 22 HP 4-stroke liquid cooled 4-valve motor, making this maxi scooter more than capable of coping with traffic flow on trunk roads and motorways. The 250cc Satelis delivers much of the comfort and convenience found in today’s cars. The generous seat will carry rider and passenger in comfort, while the dashboard features an LCD display, a glove compartment capable of holding a litre size bottle of water and even a 12V power socket. Its aspherical rear view mirrors provide wide-angle vision while the dual halogen headlights (as used in the Peugeot 407 car) provide 30% more light on high beam. Carrying capacity is catered for with a cavernous storage bay beneath the seat, which lifts using a hydraulic jack, similar to those found on hatchback cars. Its low seat height (784mm), low weight (161KG) and ergonomic riding position ensure safe and easy handling for a wide variety of people. Even the shape of the Satelis is aerodynamically engineered for the best drag coefficient on the market, enhancing both performance and fuel economy.

Viewings welcome either in Essex or central London. Just drop me a PM if you want to buy it, see it, or have any questions.