Petition against ULEZ expansion - please sign

Construction use is pretty much all exempt

Mobile generators on construction sites

Specified generator controls do not apply to a mobile generator used on a construction site.

However, if only part of a site is under construction, the regulator will assess whether a mobile generator is performing a function that a static generator could do.

This has already been done and is effective, so effective as to make the ulez redundant for its claimed purpose. They imposed emission regulations and numbered them Euro 3, 4, 5 and 6 (you know this!) With time the older and most used vehicles die and are naturally removed from the roads. A few lightly used survivor vehicles are so few in number as to make no difference to the air quality.

The air is cleaner now than it was due to these changes made years ago. How much cleaner do we need it to be? What about old non condensing boilers? There are loads of ancient boilers out there and no scrappage scheme currently in operation to change them for new. The 5k to change to a heat pump doesn’t meet most needs.

As said by others, its a scam to get more tax and cameras.

I was lucky to fly recently and calculated that my share of the fuel load was 70 gallons each way. The A380 holds 500 people I think. That’s 35000 gallons of jet fuel/ diesel burnt up there. Each way. The whole thing is just so badly thought out.

2 Likes

Just added as an additional cost to the job. Company responsible for the construction/supply just increases their bill by that amount, carry on as normal.

But my point was the unnecessary construction.

But why don’t you just have them tested and made ULEZ exempt ? We are doing bikes daily , and its all people in the new expansion zone at the moment.

I did consider it until I saw a video on youtube (not at your place) and saw catalytic converters being fitted and I don’t fancy that.
If it was a case of paying the fee and getting the certificate without fiddling with the bike I might go for it.

I get that , unfortunately I can’t comment for other businesses , its a test same as an MOT , so its very similar to saying " I’d get an MOT if I knew it would pass "

That would very openly be fraud though.
If your bike is already below the threshold, then all they need to do is test it. If not, then they need to make it below the threshold, and that will involve “fiddling” with the bike.