Perhaps there should be a change of name to this website

I don’t live in London, and I am not a biker, I am a motorcyclist because I am middle aged, podgy, beardy and ride (among others) a Honda Pan European, & occasionally wear Highviz gear too :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: <cue biker vs motorcyclist debate>

Shhh

Don’t tell Sid

As above it’s not a club and who really cares about the biker vs motorcyclist debate. Even so, I’ve been trying to find a shiny bit on the Bonne’, all I can find is the headlamp reflector would that count as for or against and for what :ermm:

I agree with the original poster. Most bikers on here are light weights :stuck_out_tongue: and deserve to be duly mocked. Especially anyone who rides a scooter or a big GS (See other thread)

BL

hey, long time no hear! where have you been? :smiley:

i ride all year, as long as i’m abe to get the bike on the road, so bar any really heavy snow, i’m riding…

Cant afford a car and a bike, so i choose the bike:D

all year riding DOES teach you alot about control, self restraint and what feel or lack of it from tyres/grip really is, so i DO think it can make you a better rider.

but i see the point of having a car, its a nice option and for some essential due to family or work etc:)

clean bikes…if you have the time all good, my bike dont look too bad for 7 years old and rode all year by myself for 2 years, its a bit dirty at the mo tho…:laugh::smiley:

and i’m nor a motorcyclist or a biker, i’m a rider!

12k miles a year say’s it all :stuck_out_tongue:

I ride a scooter so mock me Nick :smiley:

I commute most days on my nexus 250, use car a couple of days a week, GSXR for the weeknd and trackbike for fun on track (when its fixed up), I can assure you neither my car/bikes are clean by any sense of the word, I am temepted to leave them all at PJ’s house 1 by 1 as I know he has OCD when it comes to clean bikes and cars, and there is your argument for clean bike = not a biker, PJ’s bikes are always spotless but he is defo a true biker and racing this year too so thats your theory out of the window! :slight_smile:

Shame on you Tiggi :wink: A car is bad enough - but a scoot too :smiley:

(Piss taking aside - if I won the lottery - I’d probably have a scoot for the heavy traffic - short runs when you can’t be arsed getting all geared up)

BL

Well I never clean my bike and I only seem to go out in wet weather.

Or is that just bad luck!

Eh? Roobish - you can’t equate mixing it with the boys riding these…

as ‘biking’???

Voluntary Russian roulette / Suicide yes ( especially along the Ikorudu Road - or whatever it’s called) :D:w00t::laugh::stuck_out_tongue:

4000 miles in 4 months so I guess the same. Yes, and bike is still clean, as far I remember Rusty’s was clean every time I have seen him as well…
Judging person on the vehicle and how much she/he is riding by “how clean vehicle is?” is to put it politely not wise.

R

And that’s exactly what I used it for, crappy filtering to work, its great :slight_smile:

He’s backtracked now : http://londonbikers.com/forums/1006728/my-previous-post

Yes… better make a new thread to reply to the posts in this one…

:doze:

:w00t:

If I win the lottery things that wont be on my list of things whats I wants will be a scooter for heavy traffic as I wont be going in heavy traffic . I will never go in heavy traffic again … and I wont own a watch either .

Triang,

That’s good insider knowledge - Ikorodu Rd is on my way to work too. You know Lagos?

Anyhow - to add to your irritation, can I add one more to your prejudicial “You aren’t a proper biker” list:

You aren’t a proper biker until you ride in a city which has officially banned motorbikes (fuggers) but you still ride a bike with no number plate attached, no indicators and no mirrors. (We all know mirrors are for wimps)

That’s what I call a biker* :stuck_out_tongue:

(*Or a stupid fugger - take your pick)

Hey BL - worked there for a bit a couple of years ago - traffic like the wild west!

Not on a bike though - company had laid on an armoured Merc G-Wagen to ferry us around after tales of vehicle muggings on the bridge to V.I. …plenty of near misses with guys on Okeydokey 125’s - bars bent back until they had zero control and an old broken cycle helmet on their bonces - not done up naturally - it was like (well I don’t have to tell you ) the friggin Wild West! :hehe::smiley:

Triang.

Let me know if you visit again. Couple of bikers groups here, though most companies wouldn’t let their staff anywhere near a bike (I am lucky - my boss isn’t overboard with the restrictions)

BL

londonbikers.com it remains then :smiley:

Not happening as much as it was - but if I do I’ll look you up - I usually know nobody over there except the security guards and the customers ! :slight_smile: