Penalty points

over the last few days been having a few debates about this, how long do the points stay on your license and when can you get thme removed from the paper one??? not that i have any points :smiley:

They count for topping up for 3 years

You can get them removed from your licence after 4 years

Unless you get convicted of drink drive or dangerous driving when it’s 10 years

Hope this info is what you want

The amount of time in which an endorsement remains on your licence depends on the type of offence committed. The date in which the endorsement starts also depends on the type of offence.

Endorsements must remain on a licence for 11 years from date of conviction if the offence is:

drinking/drugs and driving causing death by careless driving whilst under the influence of drink/drugs causing death by careless driving, then failing to provide a specimen for analysis Endorsements must remain on a licence for four years from date of conviction if the offence is:

reckless/dangerous driving offences resulting in disqualification disqualified from holding a full licence until a driving test has been passedEndorsements must remain on a licence for four years from the date of offence in all other cases. They are shown as spent after three years.

If you reach six or more penalty points within two years of passing your Driving Test (i.e. during the probationary period), the DVLA will automatically revoke your Driving Licence when notified by a court or fixed penalty office.

If you incur 12 or more penalty points within a period of three years you will be liable to be disqualified under the ‘totting-up’ system. Information on your driving entitlement and endorsements are sent to the courts and police on request.

PFM

thanks, thats made my day that means mine are all spent in 6 months :smiley:

hehe you show this to Melda, might be useful to her… :Whistling:

Wooo…Clean licence in February! :slight_smile:

I’ve had 6 points since I was on a provisional :rolleyes: