Passed Mod 2 first time, thank you Motorcycle Training London!

There’s not much difference between naked and sports SV.
I think the rake and trail may be slightly different so the naked bike seems to sit up more.
The main difference was the standard sit up and beg bars on the naked bike, I swiftly changed those for flat bars, the sports bike has clip-ons.
There may also be an extra cog on the back sprocket on the naked bike, it seems to wheelie very easily so that must be it :slight_smile:

You should be able to get a £2000 SV, I would go for 2004 or newer.
Here’s a couple I spotted with a quick search…
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes-for-sale/suzuki/sv650/7630676/
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes-for-sale/suzuki/sv650s/7628054/

Well done Lauren, that’s awsome. Have fun choosing your new bike!:slight_smile:

Woohoo! Congratulations! A long overdue achievement! :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to read about your impressions on owning a big bike :slight_smile:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes-for-sale/suzuki/sv650/7630676/

I really like this one actually, i like the raised bars, would be ideal for first big bike, and heated grips ohhh yeah, my poor little frost bitten hands need them haha.

Im gonna ride to basingstoke and check it out sunday, the guy was really nice on the phone, he raises a good point though, i can take it up or down the drive to have a little shot of it but i’m not insured to take it on the road, can you get some kind of temporary insurance when you want to test bikes?

Also this is a stupid question probably, but do i need to call my insurer and tell them i have a full licence? :hehe:

Not really my cup of tea but if you like it then that’s all that matters. Looks old school and very similar to your YBR, just a bit bigger. That’s just me though :slight_smile:

As for heated grips - I prefer heated gloves. They are warm all around your hand, not just your palm, which I think is better. A bit more hassle but worth it for me.

I’d guess you need to inform your insurer about the license. Usually you have to call them up about anything that’s related to your policy even if it doesn’t affect it. You’ll need to call them soon about a new bike anyway so just tell them then.

It ain’t the prettiest thing in the world i’ll admit, but i just want something basic to learn properly on, and if i accidentally drop it pushing it or something stupid there should be minimal damage hopefully. After a year of riding something like this i’ll jump onto something prettier and sportier, i’m in no rush :smiley:

Or just get an er6 and be done with it…

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes-for-sale/kawasaki/er-6f/3216206/

Lol, that’s what I thought. I was convinced I’d pass the test and get myself something sensible. Ended up with a powerful naked wheelie machine that is MT-09. Couldn’t have made a better choice. Took me a few weeks to get used to the power and after I did I couldn’t even imagine having anything less. Was glad I didn’t get myself an XJ6 or something similar like I wanted.

That’s much better. At least looks like a proper bike.
Disclaimer: I’m not talking from the technical perspective (don’t know anything about them) :slight_smile:

Have you looked into MT-07? Motorcycle Store in Shepherds Bush are nice guys, they would let you test ride it.

Would be nice, way outside my budget though :unsure:

Congrats Lauren- very happy for you, I knew you would do it.

Well done! Now comes the really fun part!

Well done Lauren… Congratulations!

Well done.

I had an 03 SV as my first big bike and can’t recommended it enough. Mine was a carbs version with full fairings. It would be better as they tend to be subject to corrosion in the winter. You could get a decent one for a good price with not too many miles. Soft suspension is the main problem so make sure you visit Brian if you get one.

it’s a vtwin so lots of engine braking involved, good tyres and good suspension setting particular important for this bike.

Congratulations on passing and good luck with getting getting your first big bike. You’ll love whatever you decide to get :smiley:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Remember this is just the start of learning and developing with the big exciting stuff!!!

Thanks everyone!

I’m going up to Romford tomorrow to test ride an SV, excited but nervous haha I’m sure i’ll calm down after 10 mins or so ha

You’ll be fine :slight_smile: The natives in Romford are lovely, there’s no worries about too much traffic to contend with and no 4rseholes on the road. It’s probably the best place to take a test ride as there are some nice roads once you get out of the town centre and head towards the start of the BCR/Finchingfield run

Excellent! I’m so used to riding in centralish London everyday , absolute sh*tfight ha

How did the bike shopping go today? Did you test ride any SVs? :smiley: