OMC - Basic Motorcycle Maintenance Training Session

Hello Newbies,

Our courses are usually held on the last tuesday of each month.

If your new to motorcycling then this could the perfect thing for you.
We (OMC) are running a Basic Motorcycle Maintenance course for all motorcyclists regardless of experience.
Please check us out in the Praise and Shame section of the forum or take a look at us via Facebook, just follow the link at the bottom of the page.
Better still come and have a cup of tea (its free) and check the place out in person.

Price: £35

Please call 020 77203621 or email [email protected]

Cheers
Simon.

Should this not be pinned, good stuff

Emailed

hi,
ive been looking for a maintenance course for ages and i havent had any luck. this is my first bike and i know nothing about them really. id love to be able to do my own chain n maintenance but none of my mates have bikes. local colleges don run them anymore unfortunately. is there anything like this up in north London? i just cant get down to oval really. such a shame.

thanks

how comes you can’t get down to oval?

just a 10 min walk from vauxhall station :slight_smile:

worth every penny!

Well seeing as it has been 4 years since the last post on this subject I thought I’d update it! Went last night and despite being rather damp from the monsoon conditions I found the evening really informative and will definitely be looking to use OMC for future work on my bike. It’s a great evening to learn and find out how all the usual tasks should be done and a great setup to work from. Over 4 hours meant a late bed but worth it. If you have any interest on doing any work on your bike (and basic safety checks that literally could save your life) then book it, I doubt you’ll find a better mechanical course out there and ridiculously cheap for what it is.

Yep, did the basic course in Feb and it was great. I’m technically minded in general but I reckon it’s easy enough to digest for anyone capable of riding a bike.

Well worth the money just to hear some of Matt’s stories :+1:

I was thinking of booking a bench to do my rear shock. The whole garage is a great idea. 

The website says that they have all the tools available which is a huge thing when you’re doing something on a bike. I hate having to stop to pop to Halfrauds or B&Q.

Yep it’s fully kitted out and Matt is happy to order any parts you need or you can have delivered there. Go for it, got to be more satisfying doing it yourself