Nürburgring in September! Are you up for that?

That’s great Andrew, great suggestion! I can’t wait

I’ll be including this thread in the upcoming newsletter if you don’t mind. Taking a slightly different approach with this one as well, concentrating on a few major developments/events.

Tht’s great! Just let’s make sure that everyone is aware that you have to be fairly experient road rider to brave the ring. (to be mild on my words)

But can I come for the social and the riding WITHOUT doing the ring?

That counts me out then

You are a good rider girl I have been following you for some time on the rideout, you will be ok!

Some roads in the area. http://www.chuffster.co.uk/phpBB2/vids/Ringroads.html

The ring looking backwards http://www.chuffster.co.uk/phpBB2/vids/timnurburgring.html

The ring looking forwards http://www.chuffster.co.uk/phpBB2/vids/ringfrwds.html

Hope they help you. Been there a few times and loved it. The ring needs to be treated with due respect, time it right (when its quiet) and its great. It will catch you out very easily though. Many people just cruise round it and take in the scene, nothing wrong with that and worth doing - pay attention LMRR). The Cafe at half way (adenau) is a good place to watch from.

Best Ring site on the web is http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/index.html?PHPSESSID=909ecadbb9c9229940bb872bb0a115f9

Absolute mine of information and well worth going through for any first timers going out.

Yes.

I normally stay at Pension Mühlenhardt, which is closer to thr Ring, but we don’t have to stay there. I wasn’t aware of the track day - is it on the Nordschleife or the GP circuit and what’s the format? If it’s on the Nordschleife then it might provide a better introduction to people who haven’t been before.

I was focussing on the Wednesday, as that is the only day that the ring is open all day. I’m interested to hear what people want to do so we can arrange something that suits most people. Nothing is set in stone at this point.

Duncan

I’m in then Its just a great excuse to finally get my butt over to Germany again

The Trackday is on the F1 circuit, which we don’t normally play on so might be fun methinks?

I’m easy where we stay too, but Bren and Suzy are top peeps both crazy fast bikers and really entertain you. It’s not like a normal B&B where the hosts scuttle off and don’t want you around during the day. They stay with u, you can treat the place like your own, and will take you out or suggest rides etc.

TBH I might stay there anyway, and if you guys want to go to Duncan’s place then that’s cool with me.

(that sounds funny doesn’t it - I just enjoy their company too! )

Back in 98’ 20 of us went over to the ring, the ring owners cocked up big style as we’d already booked and paid for loadsa laps of the nordschliefe circuit but it had been double booked. Anyway the shit hit the fan and as compensation we got half a day unlimited use of the gp circuit.

Now here’s the best bit, depending on which group you fell in. About half of us got food poisoning and couldn’t make it, so only about 6 to 8 made it on track, I made to track and can tell you to date is the best experience ever, not due to speed or skill level but coz it seemed like a once in a lifetime event. 6 bikes on a track that size and you can stay out for as long as you like, heaven.

The gp circuit it utterly awesome, silky smooth surface and so fast. Have often wondered if I would ever get there again so if possible would do both circuits while we’re there. BRING IT ON.

first off as a newbie … Hi to all

just had a weekend at the ring with a couple of mates and am looking to go back already !!! …

we stayed at sliders and had a great time, bren an suzy made us really welcome, we got there on the saturday but the ring was closed for the morning so bren gave us a map an a route to take, from blankenheim to cochem, the roads are incredible and the level of cage drivers is MUCH MUCH better than here at home, went to the ring in the evening an it was an experience, bren led us round to show us the way, he knows his way way round like the back of his hand and is only 10 seconds off the lap record !!! …

my idea for the return trip was to do a 4 or 5 day trip with the last day doing a track day at spa francachamps which is only 50 miles away, i was talking to bren about this an he said he would be happy to take us down there and shows us around there too.

mebee we could hook up ??? …

finally little miss, with the amount of track time your doing in the next couple of weeks, missing riding the ring would be a CRIME, it is a dangerous place but so is every day riding, as was said before if you do it during the week its much quieter and if the ring is closed for a period, leave it an hour after re opening before going out to let the idiots go out and ping themselves off the armcos

Hey fastdiablo, welcome to LB, and thanks for sharing your opinion/experiences!

hmm, tempting tempting, has anyone booked this yet?

Always fancied the ring, can I bring a mate or two? Fellow bikers obviously.

The two lads I went to France with and I were talking about doing this

Looks good!

Nothing booked yet. I’m not even sure that we have decided on the dates. Perhaps your two friends could introduce themselves so that they can participate in this thread.

Duncan

So we have:

puppy
CharlyBR600-RR
Cezar
Jay
littlemissroadrage
Me
Wigetta + 2

and perhaps:
LSD
Stan
Danno
Adam M
fastdiablo

Have I missed anyone?
Duncan

Well looking forward to this now Especially after Cadwell today

im talking to a couple of mates at the moment about doing a 5 day trip, going out on the 2rd september, we want to have time to get a lap in with sabina in the ring taxi,180 euros a lap that can be shared between 3, but this im told you can only do at the weekends …

or for those with a bit more dosh 280 euros for a ride out in this

then spa on the 4th day but need to check first on trackday dates, on the way back (seems a waste to be going past it and not to indulge !!!) wat dates are you guys thinking of ??? …

so boys an girls, ive been in touch with brendan at sliders guest house and it looks like we could have a plan …

Thur 07.00 31/08

leave blighty

arrive at the ring approx 3pm for a few “sighting laps”, back to sliders for a beer

Fri 01/09

track day at Hockenheim 180 euros

Sat/Sun 2/3/09

playing at the ring, 18 euros a lap

ring taxi, 180 euros a lap (between 3)

local roads, awesome and FREE !!!..

Mon 4/09

trackday at spa GP circuit, 180 euros

Tues 5/09

return blighty after a bloody good tyre frying time on some of the best tamac in the world !!!..

brendan and su have places at the moment for those dates, obviously this could work out expensive to do it all, so you could just come for the weekend or any combination you choose

all those in favour, say AYE !!!..