Newbie from SW18

Hi, I’m pretty new to biking. Caught the bug in Thailand in March this year
when I rode a scooter for the first time! I bought a Yamaha MT-125 in June
which I’ve been riding on L’s for the last 3 months and then passed my Mod 2
last week on a 650cc.

Will be looking to upgrade soon, but will be hard to let go of the MT-125!

Caught the Bug in Thailand think you can get some cream for that :smiley:

And Welcome :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome

Get the right bike and the 125 will become a distant memory quite doon

Hey NorthernBiker - welcome to LB and biking! Don’t worry, you’ll forget all about the MT-125 when you get something like a 600 underneath you :slight_smile:

Welcome NorthernBiker. Or to put it in your vernacular “Eh op, why eye mon, eye, why eye, nah!”

Sometimes we can be sane, but that’s not too often :wink: .

Cheers for the welcome guys, I’m thinking about an MT-07, but moving soon so probably wait until after that.

Cheers Aceman, I’m more of the ‘Eh-op’ , than the ‘why eye mon’!

Welcome, I have the MT-125 as well!! Love it! What colour is yours? I’ve only been riding 2 weeks but the thing is awesome. You ever fancy a ride together hit me up.

Once I get round to doing DAS, the MT-07 is high on my list too, seems like a natural progression from the MT-125 :slight_smile:

Cheers Neddy, saw your earlier post, bike’s looking good. I went for grey with blue mesh air intake covers which finish it off nicely. Ride sounds good, I’m south of the river, but always happy to ride up to central London.

Hey, another northerner :grin: where abouts tup north you from?

Grew up in Doncaster then spent a few years in Leeds, how about you?

Further north than that😁 Teesside, near Newcastle!
After riding a big bike (even if it was just …the gladius) I struggled to go back to my 125.
A big bike is so much more fun, although the little 125s have their charm

I have an MT-07 - absolutely loving it. Which bike did you do your testing on? I did mine in Jan on an XJ6 and the MT07 has a lot more get up and go so took a bit of riding to get used to. Mind you, I have put almost 10k miles on it since the start of Feb.

Nice, I’ll probably opt for the grey MT07, think they’ve now reduced the range to just 3 colours. I trained on a Honda CB650f , 4 cylinder so pretty smooth, but it didn’t sway me over the MT.

I have a red MT07 - which they don’t do anymore. Also, the '16 lineup is coming out imminently.