New YearEve parties around Londom

I have managed to line up a babysitter for NYE and would love to take the Mrs somewhere fun/nice to for NYE, looking for recommendations. We are the wrong side of 30, so nothing with a bunch of kids. Preferably elegant, music, champagne. Budget not an issue. Any ideas?

depends where you live we’re doing this as its an excellent restaurant (eaten there a few times) taster menu drinks and a bop - its not a big place so an intimate crowd and a fun evening I hope :slight_smile: Charlottes Chiswick

http://londonbikers.com/forums/983326/nye-offer

Take her on a river cruise, you get a 3 course meal and stop by Big Ben to see the fireworks :slight_smile:

Just booked there for Sunday roast, never been but looks great.

Yep I saw that and that is exactly the kind of thing I want to do - but when I call their number there is arecorded message saying they are closed over the Christmas period and will see us again on Jan 2nd! I’ve emailed the reservation number also, but not heard back yet.

Karleigh, the cruise thing also sounds good, I’ll look into some of those…

That looks like a good option! The bop does sound a bit on the house side - so I’m not sure…

£70 for pub grub? wtf!!!

Get down your local boozer and get **** faced with all your neighbours :slight_smile: Much more fun I reckon!

Just had Sunday lunch at Charlottes, very good food and service was not bad either.
My missus almost spat her Rioja out when Claire Balding (BBC) came and sat next to her, hellooooo dahling :smiley:

UPdate. I got the worst flu of my life starting Xmas afternoon (right after I’d produced the meal thank goodness!). I am just today feeling like the flu is ending but I have a horriffic cough. I’m not going anywhere…

Get well soon…

Turned into acute bronchitis. Still feel shite but have some antibiotics now…

FFS what a fricking Xmas/New Year. Wife loves her pressie and wants to thank me “personally” - but I am exhausted. What a waste.