New Side Stand.

Has anyone ever had to change their side stand, if so can you recommend one that sorta locks/clicks into place. on my cbf 600 the side stand was excellent it did not lock/click in but I could almost park down hill and it will not flip up. even if I pushed it a bit the stand will drag rather than flip up.
Now on my Gsx-r 750 the bloody thing is a mess I parked on my drive way which is hardly sloped and the bike rolled of the stand. I did put it down to my carelessness but then washing the bike this weekend really putting my back into it to get some bits shinny and boom it rolled of the stand and this was on a perfectly flat surface.

What scared me the most is that my 5 year old was out washing with me and had only popped back in a few minutes earlier. So yea I must change the "£$%%$ing thing. ANY SUGGESTIONS!!!

I’ve never really seen that sort of thing advertised, side-stands are normally pretty bike-specific.

You could try standing it in-gear, perhaps?

If it can flip up like that, surely there’s something wrong with the stand - perhaps it’s a bit bent or there’s something preventing it from swinging all the way forward?

Park it in gear or the otherway round?

get on to a GSXR forum, someone else on there may have had a similar issue and found a solution.

cool, will pop to a forum and look see, I have tried parking in gear before just need to make it a habit.

I never had a problem with my K7 1000 the stand is very stable

The standard stand on my P8F ZX6R made the bike lean at a precarious angle. It was interchangeable with other Kawasaki models which made it much safer; direct bolt on. I imagine there will be the same for Suzuki.

Maybe try another stand of the same model on eBay just to make sure you haven’t got a dud?

Is the stand bent? I used to pivot my R1 around on its stand, and it did cause it to bend a little, but such a bend should only cause it to lean over further.

Maybe there is just some dirt/junk jammed up in the side stand housing, not allowing it to locate into its position fully. If you bought the bike second hand, maybe it does not have the original stand.

Look at the spring or it may be missing completley …pivot bolt may be loose and bent as a result … they are not a generic item you would need one of a similar model BIG D on the forum or ebay would be your friend.

you might find that it’s not a suzuki one because the previous owner fitted something else to it.

but yeah, check on a suzuki forum

I’ve never had a Suzuki roll off the stand. There’s either something wrong with the stand or your parking technique. I would wager the latter, sorry :-/