New set of clothes.

For those that don’t know me, I have a very different outlook to most on bike appearence, I’m not one of the sit and polish it types, it’s all wasted riding time as far as I’m concerned.

Anyway just about once a year I change the look of the bike, it’s a good time to sort out all the little niggly thing that you normally don’t get around to.

It’s got nothing to do with my personnal taste, but more a case of something I want to try and I think will work.

So plan of Attack.

Already re-covered a spare seat

Picked up my Forks (Maxton re-build jobbies )

Pick up new fairing in the week.

rubbing down the spare set of bodywork tomorrow, checking the paint supplies to makeup an order.

Next weekend base colour spraying, start on wheel prep

Following weekend contrast colours, and finish wheel prep.

weekend after, decals/ lacquering and wheel spraying, followed by fitting the new fairing and forks.

Already got the decals, and a good idea of what I’m going to do, so should be finish in the next four weeks or so (well some other bits I’d like to do, but don’t know if I’ll have the time.

I’ll try and remember my camera and take some pics to add as I go.

Cheers Mark.

For me, working on the suspension has got to be the best modification, nice one!

Re-build rear shock 18 month a go, and now the front forks just been done by PDQ with all new maxton internals, so that’s the bit I’m looking forward to as well.

Saying that I have in some quarters got a bit of a rep for doing the unconventional at times, so the yearly new look is getting to be an expected annual event.

Cheers Mark.

like the seat cover, who done it?

Take a look here

http://londonbikers.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=43&MessageID=70828

Cheers Mark.

Well I got the tank front section sprayed yesterday, and the rear pod is all primed up, started the front mudguard today, but ain’t going to have much time.

didn’t get my fairing last night as plans went a stray a bit, but collecting this evening.

Getting there, another three weekends to go.

Cheers Mark.

What with one thing or another, haven’t been able to finish this, and wont be riding until next year, but this should give you an idea of how it’s going.

Cheers Mark.

Attachments

Cimg2661.jpg

Cimg2663.jpg

Cimg2662.jpg

Cimg2664.jpg

I can’t get the pics to work in the previous post so have added them as attachments.

Cheers Mark.

Like it mate!

Good to see it back together - You said it would look different - I like it!

hi mark long no c …i like the new bike very striking looking u have been busy i c

Now that’s one nutty looking machine

How you doing Rictus? Long time no hear.

Hi guys, thanks I’ve got a few decals and some clear coat to do on it, then just bolting all the bits together.

Isn’t going to happen for sometime now as the knee thing will take longer than expected in the first place, still in full length cast and non weightbearing, got to go back to hosp on the 18th Dec for an assesment hopefully the bone will have mended by then and they can plan further surgery from there, got several ops to look forward to to rebuild all the ligaments & tendons, docs won’t say how much function I’ll end up with, so I’ll have to wait and see.

Also so far I’ve had 20% muscle wastage and that could be as much as 70% by the time I’m done, so a lot of work building that up.

But apart from all that, not doing so bad, went through a rough patch as the pain won’t let me sleep, but I’m taking codeine now which helps a bit.

Cheers Mark.

Nice,were did you get that nose cone/lights?Are the lights any good?

Dan