New rubber time Two Tyres

Well OMC is looking different these days. New operation called Two Tyres has set up shop.

Just had a absolute cracking deal on a pair of Conti RoadAttack 3 tyres.

2 Likes

Was it a Wheely good deal?

2 Likes

Was down there on Saturday, was good to see Chris and Deano from FWR, who have now split off with this new venture with Ben Cope (original chap behind VisorDown). Thye slapped on a pair of Metzeler Roadtec 01 SE’s for me and gave me a bit of a tour. Good to see they’ve got a little waiting room in development upstairs, somewhere to chill, grab a drink, charge stuff, watch some telly etc. Better than just standing around waiting on the street like most places. Early days, as they have only just opened up this month, but looking good so far and hope they do well in these tough times.

Got a bit of a promo thing planned via my blog (www.beginnerbiker.com) and bigger write up on the way, but if you quote the code ‘BBA’ you should be able to blag yourself £20 off fitting costs in store, or a tenner off web orders over £100.

1 Like

FWR is still around it was run as a partnership and they’ve gone their separate ways. So both FWR and Two Tyres are there.

It only open last week and as @Arfa says its early days. Just as I was finished a Tiger 1050 rolled into the shop, so word is getting around.

@Serrisan, yep certainly was. They sold, fitted the tyres cheaper than I was getting some quotes for the tyres alone! I certainly couldn’t find the tyres cheaper anywhere else online, and Conti are doing a deal of free tank bag or dry bag with every pair of tyres.

Sounds good. I always used to go to Essential Rubber for mine and liked the guys there.

I know there are other places you can get tyres but sometimes it’s good to go where people focus on one thing.

Good luck to them. I’d love to be a client but I don’t think they’ll have the bugaboo tyres

Yes yes I know… “Buy a bike”

1 Like

That’s good to hear. I really miss Essential Rubber as they were great guys. Pro tyre Enfield are good too but a bit out if the way for central London. This new outfit looks like it’s worth a look.

1 Like

I miss the OMC :frowning:

1 Like

Yep, but it obviously wasn’t financially viable. :slightly_frowning_face:

I just bought a new rear tyre from Motorcycle Tyres UK ( www.motorcycletyresuk.com ). They are at the rear of Tudor Court, Harold Court Road, Romford, Essex RM3 0AE. I got the previous tyres there too last September. Great service, straight forward, no fuss. If you go there, Aceman referred you.

I got a Bridgestone S22 for £182. I would have changed the front tyre (S22) too, but was told I’ve plenty of tread left. I asked what rear tyres go with it and was told only the S22, so went for that again. This previous S22 which had just gotten down to legal minimum after 5460 miles, which probably means I wasn’t pushing the toy hard enough. Oh, the chicken strips were nearly the width of the tyre :frowning_face: I’m going to have to get my confidence up for proper cornering.

As promised, my short write up about Two Tyres, interview with co-founder Ben Cope and a handy discount code to blag some money off your tyres:

Enjoy!

BTW really enjoying the Metzeler Roadtec 01 SE’s, they’re holding up great and provided loads of confidence touring around Wales in the very mixed weather we’ve been having.

3 Likes

They did me a great discount on the Conti RoadAttack3 that I had fitted. They replaced a set of Roadtec 01s, and I rode through the horrific weather last Wednesday from the Welsh border. And I was suitably impressed by the wet weather performance.

I don’t think you’re going to go wrong with PR5s, RA3, or Roadtec 01s. They are the leaders in the sport touring tyres.,

And great write up @Arfa

1 Like

Two Tyres have moved to Greenwich

Opposite Allbike Engineering

Two Tyres
020 7205 2205
https://maps.app.goo.gl/MhJcB2ge8vr83mRc6

1 Like

that is very conveniently on my way in these days