New near miss compilation

His riding was horrendous, he put himself in too many dangerous situations.

Do I presume then that you think everything you saw in the clip was fine and that his riding was of a high standard, if so then maybe you need to post up your clips and we can have a look at your commute.

I know first hand that you can not allow for the total retards out there seeing you. But you know they are out there and you must ride accordingly. At the end of the day we as bikers are still able to get to our destinations quicker than any car/van or bus so breath calm down and pass them when it’s safe. It’s not rocket science, we will come off worse in an accident and all for a few seconds of red mist.

Please answer this one Shiver “If you had the choice to have broken your risk and have your bikes smashed or avoid it, which would you choose?” Everyone knows that I’m not the brightest fella in the world but I’d prolly choose “avoid” :doze:

This is first class!:cool:

May I remind all you non-Super Retard riders. You cant ride these bikes in a manner that you are invisible…it cant be done!:stuck_out_tongue:

think my last comment on this thread will be …

what is going to happen the day you put yourself into that point of danger to prove a point …press the horn button and its silent !! the car/van has earphones in/stereo booming so revving is useless … what then ???

why not put up a video of your “normal” commute it may be boring but be intresting to see

I post the video to share it because it’s motorcycle related, I never expected any applause and I even considered not posting it here because I knew what the reaction would be. However, most of you watch this compilation as if it’s one journey, as if this is a normal day for me - which obviously it’s not - it is a concentrated compilation compiled over many months.

I really do appreciate the constructive criticism, and I have learned more as a direct result of this thread - so it has been a worthwhile exercise for me. But to tell me I have ‘no idea what the feck I am doing and that I should already be dead’ are comments which are as childish as anything else in this thread and are not constructive in any way.

The sanctimony is hypocritical because I’m sure most of you have been in these situations at some point in your riding careers. I am a relatively new rider and I am still learning as I am sure some of the more experienced riders are also.

This is the first time I’ve read through this thread and I think the two interesting points are -

• You have a very defensive stance on people trying to make suggestions on how you can be a safer rider. This last post above is the first time I think you’ve accepted you could make use of some of the advice given. Previously you’ve just wanted to defend yourself. This is why people will continue to try and push their point, from genuine concern for your safety.

• One defence is that usually you ride more defensive. Is that how accidents are decided, an average of your ability over the past year? No. We all do stupid things from time to time, we have to try and keep these to a minimum though as it takes just one for the worse to happen. (See above point :slight_smile: )

@ tehswerver - Its up to you how your ride your bike. Don’t take it personally when people give you some friendly advice. Your bound to get that if you post a video of near misses. The most important thing is that you live and learn. If you ever have an accident you may look back on this thread and have some sort of understanding as to what people are saying. You look like your having fun on the roads and thats what biking is about. I’m not a sedate rider and I started off doing what your doing but I have toned down a bit. I think a major contributing factor to that was the bike safe course. The coppers showed me you can still do 100mph safely without the need to do it everywhere you go (I’m not saying you do 100mph everywhere btw) and they also showed me that doing a ton doesn’t mean your necessarily going to get where your going faster which was a real eye opener.

Glad I’m not the only one…
Mate, half those issues were you riding dangerously. Yes you were driven at, but half of that vid could be used to prosecute you for Dangerous Driving… the bit on the rwrong side of the raised traffic island for example…

Tone it down mate, less you wanna end up on the floor as well…

Take what you want out of this thread, you posted the video not us.
It’s your ride not ours, it’s your life not ours.

Next time we will just say well done and how brave you are for riding in such difficult conditions.

dude,
try to work on anticipating better, and position yourself to the right rather than the left, outside traffic island no no and please remember you’re not the only one who’s got the right to go around a roundabout or through a junction, lol

horn? hell yes
revving? if the above hasnt worked.
traffic rules???
you people are having a LAFF, there is nobody that even remember what the fkuc are they or what they say (let alone the increasing number of people driving with a non uk licence)
on the roads is full of people who are completely ignorant about the simplest thing, or too busy looking at the frigging sat navs, so to mention highways rules is a complete waste of time, use your common sense it’ll last longer!!!
cars doing u-turns and pedestrians crossing the roads like that??? my blood is boiling. :angry:

See, this is what I mean - at no point did I go round the wrong side of a traffic island - I never do that. The road you are referring to is one way, if you’re not familiar with the roads please don’t jump to conclusions.

i think the most important part of the vid is the biker on the tarmac at the end of the vid…and all the thing’s happening throughout can lead to exactly that

what a f**cking prick that copper is, actually one copper in the van pulled moved from one lane into my lane then back into the other lane and then back into my lane without indicating guess what? i had field day beeping at the copper and i’ve extended my beep for a bit longer than the one i do to car drivers, as i pulled next to him at the traffic we were both looking at each other, i just looked then turned away holding my head up high

In hindsight if I may ask you a question. What preparations had you made for the 2 old ladies safety when you decided to switch to the right-hand side of the bollard (4min 15secs) to which you refer? You have correctly pointed out so many things about your riding and decision making with regard the law, your and others safety. From the video it cant be seen whether you factored that they would be expected to stop moving forward. You appear to have caused them to be stranded half way across a wide carriageway. You will have correctly considered that being old they’ll be slow to move in any direction, not to mention the possibility of them falling over in there haste to avoid getting creamed by you or someone else. If one of the idiots drivers does to them as we see them doing to you what chance to they have and you will have inadvertently contributed to there fate.

This is the kind of thing that will have experienced riders saying that your riding is “Horrendous”. They have the experience to possibly look further into the ramifications of your actions.

There are those riders on here that say I put too many what if’s into motoring. I wonder if I have had less spills per mile than them?

Amen! :cool:

as for your general video however - i would have to agree with other comments in here. do you drive a car? now personally i don’t see anything wrong with agressive riding as long as it’s balanced out correctly with polite riding. as people said few of those situations could’ve been very easily avoided, i know you’re not here for advice but personally for me if a driver indicates to turn if i am at a reasonable amount of distance i will always brake and let them through, cause after all we’re on the bike and even after letting the through we can still overtake them…also put yourself in their shoes it’s difficult driving around busy london with bikers/stupid scooters/suicidal cyclists and dozy pedestrians( who think they own the road ) all trying to go around the bigger vehicle from all directions. sometimes car drivers can be at a difficult junction where getting out is near enough impossible so think about how long they’ve waited and consider letting them through. i know as a biker when i’m letting someone through i put other cyclists/bikers at risk but fk it’s nice to be patient and polite sometimes…i ride bike for a living nowdays and due to nature of my company i am not allowed to speed, and even though it’s killing my love of riding a bike cause i do it for 12 hours and sometimes 6 consecutive days, it is definitely teaching me few lessons, and i am grateful for it. i.e understanding that some people who are driving out on the road may have a long shift and been up since god knows when and i know there’ve been few occasions when i’ve made mistakes due to loss of concentration and didn’t get beeped at, also there a confused drivers, drivers searching for parking, and for gods sake i think highway code should be changed to any vehicle trying to park their bike or a car to do a 3 point turn to be allowed to do so by oncoming traffic stopping and waiting for them patiently without having some c*nt on a scooter go behind them…or cars stopping for me on a busy road when i’m trying to park my bike in…there is one particular street where i always park my bike and every fcking car is sneaking past me everytime i do it.

understanding how other drivers are feeling will definitely help you one day, i remember once being on this ring road ( one way leading to croydon the other leading to streatham ) and seeing this car in the right lane indicate to go into my lane, i was far away so they could’ve easily gone into my lane, but they’ve turned indicator off and stayed in their lane…and then i started thinking about where i saw this car to begin with and i realised that if they stay in the right lane they would be going round and round in circles, and as the turn off approached and i decided cautiously speed up the car pulled out in front of me without indicating, however as i’ve already anticipated that i didn’t accelerate full speed and was prepared to break, i sure beeped at them quickly but i wasn’t too upset…i was actually quite proud of myself for being able to predict that :smiley:

oh and before you say anything people on this forum used to say that i ride aggressively and will probably do so now too, so i understand where you’re coming from

I wasn’t going to add a reply as there was nothing new to add BUT that bit really made my blood boil. You’re a bully on that bike. Revving the pedestrians because you can, because they have had the gall to walk across the road before you suddenly change lanes. It’s pathetic. And your comments earlier on overtaking on zig-zags…? Not everybody does do it. Many don’t. I’ve seen both hits and near-misses over the years from people doing it. I suggest you learn to be a lot better bike rider than you are now. And btw - revving your bike won’t help you find the bite point. HTH.

some of them was a fixation you could have easily braked approaching some of them incidents to avoid a near miss.

+1

I have already put my hands up about this part earlier in this thread. I had seconds earlier nearly been hit by a van, as you can probably imagine I was slightly shaken to put it mildly, and not thinking straight. As I changed lane I saw there were cars coming behind me in that lane, I looked up to see the women crossing the busy road and as they saw me they stopped. In that split second I made a decision to carry on as I knew there were also cars coming and I though it would be safer if I went so they could continue to cross before the cars arrived. There is a pedestrian crossing 20 odd yards up the road, perhaps the two ‘frail’ old ladies should have decided to cross there?

I will carry on revving my engine and ‘bullying’ pedestrians who put ME and THEMSELVES in danger. I want to scare these people because I know if it was me on the receiving end I would think twice about walking out into a busy road and perhaps walking in front of one of you.

Man what is up with you and this attitude of yours , " I want to scare these people " and " carry on bullying pedestrians "

So you are intentionally riding around with this in your mind ?

I do get what you are trying to acheive by this fella , just by doing it people are going to think what a prick and may even have a negative affect on all us bikers.

I really hope I never get to ride or meet you man , and this is the first time i have ever said that about someone.

I actually think it’s quite interesting how your attitude changes somewhat in a car around London. You should try it someday in rush hour and see how it feels from the drivers point of view. I find it quite intimidating and scary surrounded by bikers and cyclists even though I’m a biker myself!