New Average-Speed-Cameras on the A316

Looks like there are some new ones up. Don’t think they’re turned on yet as there is no bright white light (as with those on the A40). There are also no signs saying Average Speed Check on this stretch… yet.

If heading from the A4/Fuller’s roundabout, the first one is after the bridge that goes over the railway with the sports field on the left. The traffic lights after that are the last before Chiswick Bridge/going across the Thames. The last one when you are heading towards Chiswick is in a similar place on the other side of the road.

I didn’t go further down the A316 past the first junction after Chiswick as I turned off to Mortlake.

Also there is a camera facing southbound traffic directly on the end of the bridge, which fixed to a lamp post by the first staircase that takes you to the river towpath down below. I don’t know what this camera is for though.

Good news, the disease is spreading throughout

:frowning:

damn… need to look out for them :frowning:

It was a few weeks ago I began to realise all the speed cameras have been taken down on my route to work. I also have this uncomfortable feeling that i’m the fastest bike on the road, sportbikes are letting me pass. What do they know? I googled A316 average speed camera and found this! 

How do we work with them? Im thinking a sat nav set to give average speed readout. Anyone here from the world of rally navigation able to give any tips?

Hmmm easiest way is to … stick at or under posted limit … its a lot less hassle than plotting with a potti lamp trust me !

Rally nav was easy… flat out until you saw checkboard anchors on … stop … flat out .stop … jobs done … next point

My car sat nav records my average speed through roadwork average speed zones but I can’t see it being much use for avoiding fines because it gives the average speed over the whole restriction and presumably you get ticketed for average speed between any 2 cameras.

Ding ding ding …for todays prize you won … another Full stop .yep its not the complete section its by each camera section