New A40 SPEED cameras

so the article in the news claiming a 100k+ ticket been issued was total poppycock.

Is it my imagination or has the 40mph average speed cameras actually made the A40 worse? I came along it the other Sunday and the traffic was stationary from not long after Northolt right to Hanger lane and there did not seem to be a reason for it apart from phantom bunching. The other thing is the pollution has to be worse with more cars travelling slower. Despite what tfl might claim about it. I live just off the Westway and can promise you the pollution has got worse.

Is it my imagination or has the 40mph average speed cameras actually made the A40 worse? I came along it the other Sunday and the traffic was stationary from not long after Northolt right to Hanger lane and there did not seem to be a reason for it apart from phantom bunching. The other thing is the pollution has to be worse with more cars travelling slower. Despite what tfl might claim about it. I live just off the Westway and can promise you the pollution has got worse. Huckero
How do you know that the pollution got worse living off Westway (paddington green?) To be honest, my overall commute is the same as before the speed cameras came into effect and i've been doing the A40 since Aug 2014...

There are various monitors that measure pollution around the Westway - they are big boxes with what look like chimneys on it.  I live near the western beginning of the elevated section and have noticed the pollution getting worse over the years. If I spend any time away, as soon as I come back I can smell a sharp tang in the air and my nose starts sneezing. Obviously if cars/lorries etc are traveling slower they spend more time on the Westway so more crap especially the diesel pollution.