My RD 250 LC Restoration

Cheers guys, it was a great project to do!

Well, it’s ‘interesting’ to ride, a bit like riding a ladder with wheels and a peaky two stroke engine. Smells glorious!

It’s all done with cans, Halfords own brand! (You’d find it difficult to tell though!)

Absolutely brilliant post, love your work!

Mmmmmm I always stay behind 2strokes for a bit on the bike and open the window as they ride past when in the car - can’t beat that smell!:smiley: (thinking about my old Aprilia RS125 now!!:crying: )

great post, really enjoyed reading it and great job. i loved these bikes, but i had a suzuki GT250 when i was 17 back in the day. what a blast, i used to thrash around on it with an open faced helmet on, jeans and a t-shirt. lol.

Superb post. Fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing. This has made my day too. Well done.

Great post, I’ve got an airfix model of one of these sat on a shelf somewhere

wow great post! massive transformation, she looks stunning, thanks for sharing

I did my bike with cans too. Looks great but the paint is really soft and scratches easily.
:(…

brilliant story and I love those wheels

Wow what a beautiful bike, it took me back to Brands Hatch 1980 odd, and a mate racing one. Iit had been modified by Stan Stephens, and if you were lucky would get 20mpg. Mind you they were pretty amazing miles…

God I feel old!

Stunning, simply stunning!!

Cheers guys!

Well times are tight so it looks like I’ll have to sell her :frowning:

Only if I had a garage!!

At last a post worth looking at… Well done nice work, she looks a peach!!:cool:

This thread needs to stay at the top as 95% of em a pointless for a “biker” website…

very impressive

i too have a friend who restores bikes and collects motoGP superbikes

very talented

i would not know what bit did what. brill post!

Who is he and where is he based fella?