my bike's been STOLEN!

That is so cool well done Andy…what do you do for a living? i think you should help the police…show em how its done lol:D

Well done getting it back.If you are going to leave it ouside beef up your chains with

something like a Almax Series IV .

I’ve just installed a CCTV pointing at where the bike (OK use to be bikes) are kept. Cost £120, also developed an app that sends an MMS everytime the camera is triggered.

Nice one Andy … so come on spill the beans !

more and more bikes are getting stollen i would love to catch the person in the act i would smash a padlock round his face it realy p*sses me off nether steal a persons pride and joy :angry:

Well done Andy, you made someone very happy today

Ian

Nice one Andy…

…sure you didn’t ‘borrow’ it for a few days!? Hehehehe! :wink: :smiley:

Don’t knock his halo off, AP should be enjoying that warm glow for a few days:)

just got back a little while ago… the bike is all secure… inside a secure garage behind a car. and its gonna stay there till i sort out my insurance and my ‘life’!

my neighbour a fellow biker, raised the alarm…the way the chains had been chopped and the alarm hadn’t gone off it looked like a ‘to order’ job.
we went looking anyways… and a few of the kids i saw… i went up to them and asked them if they’d seen anything… they hadn’t but i gave them my number anyways…
this morning as i got into work (in Reading!) i get a txt sayin for a grand they’ll show me where the bike is!

thats about when AndyP messaged me… saying he wasn’t doing anything this morning and wanted to go have a look around… had no idea who he was… and didn’t even realise he lived so close by… anyways about 2 hours later… i get a txt… ‘found it’!

Serious credit to Andy for finding it but to hang out there for that long until my friend could come down and help him move it… that was AWESOME… We’ve been having problems with the local gang tipping our bikes over (i guess they were testing the alarms) and they are not to be messed with. We’ve had a few stabbings… and even a death in the area. The man even got his family to help coordinate our communications… as i had to call the police to tell them Andy was trying to recover the bike and may get some grief… they were helpful enough to call Andy…and thats it!

There is no way I can explain how much Andy’s efforts mean to me… this bike is my last life line…

superb mate, great stuff from andy. glad you got it back

Mate, you’re very lucky. Not just lucky you got the bike back but that LB has such brilliant people in its community like Andy. Now, why do alarms not go off? This is a bloody serious question.

Andy well done, and thanks for waking me up to tell me all about it !!

;):wink:

Fantastic news. :slight_smile:

He know some people, that know some people, that rob some people :stuck_out_tongue:

AndyP aka HuggyBear

Great news its been found, well done to Andyp69. Know the feeling; a few years ago I lived on an estate in Battersea (not a nice one) and my bike got targeted by the local hoods, they set fire to it one year, another year they tried stealing it but when they couldn’t hotwire it or disengage the steering lock they smashed it up. Both times it was brought back from the dead by Dave when he was at 911 Bikes at Merton. We moved away from there after the 2nd incident.

it takes guts too to go looking for it, I suspect that he knows some of the guys who have done this before…shame the police were not even interested, usual crap from them, too small a crime to be bothered with and no traffic offence for an easy conviction to add to the crime figures…this thing is so infuriating…when will the police learn that public relations are important, and dont give me any rubbish about them being too busy, I know the PA of one of the UK’s most important Chief Constables and they say they dont have enough crime to keep them busy…so whats that all about then…

Call me an old romantic but I do love a happy ending. However, I seem to have missed the bit about the scumbag who took it bleeding slowly to death after accidentally drilling through his own scrotum…

Me thinks AndyP will be getting a lot of teas and beers for this one.

Great result!

Top work - well done, good result for a change!

Andy wont be short of a drink if i am around

Guys please listen stop spending 400 notes installing cat one alarms just for lower insurance get a Pager Alarm I have on and i have installed one for miggy ask him how good it was when his jacket fell on his lovely blue blade and he shat himself in his house when the pager went off