motorcycle tax petition

> I think the simplest formula would be enclosed volume

The point isn’t to concoct a simple formula, though, it’s to come up with a scheme that encourages people to drive ‘better’ cars. As with Italy’s rules getting Ferrari to put smaller engines in the cars.

Yippee, another ill thought out, trivial petition that every one blindly signs and then they ignore the more important issues in the world. Triffic. Janey
if you dont like it dont fucking sign it.  simples.  and thanks for your input, very useful.

^^^ I know you loves me really ^^^

One of the problems with all these systems is manufacturers bring in models to bend the rules…. With the recent CO2 based system, look at how many models got under the 99 g/100 km - even some great big Mercs, if you believe official figures.
Surely that is the aim?

Signing this kind of partition is sleepwalking your way to stricter emission rules for motorbikes - since when did a 1000cc motorbike with all its emission crap removed (Cats/Exhausts) not pollute more than a Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost - idiots!!

Motorcycles do not require an emissions test for an MOT so they can't base the Vehicle Licence Fund on Emissions as it isn't a legal requirement for a Motorcycle to pass certain emission perameters Marmablade
Really?  I didn't know that.  Every day's a school day, eh :-)

Signed.  And err, umm, err… oh heck, what’s that word that begins with “p” the means to either promote, permeate, publicate…?

Propogate.  That’s it.  So where was I know?

Singed and propogated on other biker forums.

How many people that have signed this have whipped off the standard silencer and catalytic converter, fitting a straight through can and link pipe, thus increasing noise and emissions? Be careful what you wish for people.

Definitely NOT signed.  Motorcycles are strangely overlooked when it comes to vehicle tax - as others have said they aren’t tested for emissions and are reasonably unregulated as such.  Drawing more attention to this is a terrible idea and will result in slower, quieter, more expensive bikes if the government decide to tax/regulate them in line with cars.

I agree, we get a pretty good deal, I wouldn’t rock the boat.

Incidentally mine renewed today by direct debit. £69. I’m happy with that and it was no hassle. No awful tax disc holder to faf about with either. I think when we no longer had to display tax discs things really moved forward in terms of administration.

Why not do a more worthwhile petition that has more of a chance of coming to fruition, like save the Dodo

if you all think £69 is justified in any way shape or form you are fools.

oh wait i just reminded myself you all crap money so you are too well off to care about minor issues like this.  personally, i feed myself with that money for a month.

If you really think that vehicle tax (which is based on emissions) isn’t directly in-line for going UP on bikes like yours (600cc that does 40mpg) due to the emissions it spits out then I genuinely don’t know what to say to you.  The ULEZ for London has already been approved for 2020.

I must be a fool because I think £81/year for my bike (Bandit 650) vs £225/year for my 11-year old car which is chock-full of emissions control equipment is a pretty good deal.

Bikes are under the radar tax-wise for some reason at the moment, but it’s nuts to think that will change for the better any time soon.