Motorcycle parking at Heathrow airport

Hi, does anyone know what is the status of bike parking at Heathrow airport?

For example, do we have to use the car parks and pay or are there free-to-use spots for bikes.
Also, is there any restriction on how long you can park.

Thanks

V

I only know of terminal 2 where there is a huge bike park right next to the terminal building, and if that is full then there in another in the short stay multi-storey, all of which IIRC is free

There are a couple of places to park at Heathrow. Stay away from the car parks as there not bike friendly anymore.

You can park under the ramp between T1 and T2 or better still outside carpark 1a under the canopies, you can also chain you bike up their to railings.

Have a look at the Heathrow website as it might say something about parking, if not you can always contact them.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/

Their site says:

By Motorbike or Bicycle

Motorbikes

Motorbikes can park free of charge at Heathrow in dedicated motorcycle parks. Motorbikes should not use car park bays.
The locations of the dedicated motorcycle parks at Heathrow are as follows:
Terminals 1, 2, 3 - at the back of Short Stay Car Park 1A/5, located to the right of the exit. Access is via Chester Road.
Terminal 4 - opposite the arrivals forecourt.
Please note that for security reasons all motorbikes will be removed if not parked in the designated areas

ok thanks for the information people.
Much appreciated

There is a lot of free bike parking, but expect it to be used aggressively. Every time have visited bikes are parked on top of one another, especially at terminal one.

From http://www.motorcycleparking.com/

'Heathrow Airport (BAA) - Motorcycles can park free of charge at Heathrow in the dedicated motorcycle areas. Motorcycles should not use car park bays. The locations of the dedicated motorcycle parks at Heathrow are: Terminals 1, 2, 3 - at the back of Short Stay Car Park 1A/5, located to the right of the exit. Access via Chester Road. Terminal 4 - opposite the arrivals forecourt. (Updated 15 Aug 06) ’

Personally I would head JAYMBEE’s advice he has worked there for years…

not all places are safe…

I came out of Heathrow T4 just the other week - there is covered bike parking there just after the short stay / drop off area. So you need to go up the arrivals ramp, it’s on the way out. Loadsa bikes there. Like most airport parking, since you don’t pay, you can leave it as long as you are prepared too.

also quick followup question.

Do you know if there are lockers available at the airport where one can perhaps leave things like boots/helmet etc etc and take them when back?

There should be right?

For some reason they seem to frown on people storing personal items Unless you work there your out of luck. Most lock their helmets to their bikes, take a cheap bike cover also, out of sight n’ all that.

Just march through in your leather and lid and see what they say

not a bad idea. But i really want to avoid flying back home 3.40 hours with my Oxtars on he he
if i take them off during the flight they will have to land the plane. something similar to this: http://edition.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/12/06/plane.passing.gas.ap/index.html?eref=edition

LOL, think you’d need to strike more than a match if you took them off

Only in America hey?

Be carefull, Unlike Stanstead, bikes go walkies from Thiefrow . .