more ammo...

‘Needless risks’ in police chases

"…
Motorcycles

Mr Hardwick said he was concerned at the number of motorcycles and mini-motorcycles now involved in accidents.

“The IPCC believes that pursuit or motorcycles can be particularly dangerous as the rider is much more vulnerable than a driver or occupant of a car and the tactical options for bringing the pursuit to an end are very limited,” he said.

“The danger is that officers initiate a pursuit and without any tactics available to end it simply wait until ‘something happens’.”

…"

Not being funny, but how does restricting them make them any safer? They still can’t “do anything until something happens”

I couldn’t give two shakes of a monkeys tale what happens to the rider when they have stolen the bike.

Indeed, although if they are in a built up area then they could hit someone else more easily…

Have you seen that youtube vid of the spainish ‘terrorist’ who asked for a motorbike to escape on? Of course they gave it to him, he legged it down the street, where they just pulled a car out in front of him…stopped him pretty quick there…:smiley:

It’s as much a criticism of a lack of coordination and the fact there is still not one police force rather than the various local forces each doing their own thing.

While I believe police have a duty of care to criminals when they are in custody I feel the UK needs to adopt the US method…

You do whatever it takes to apprehend the son of a biaaaatch, then pay them a duty of care (first aid, call ambulance, whatever). I have seen US police videos where a cop car would ram a suspect on a motorbike if they failed to stop. Then sort out their broken arm.

The UK are not allowed to chase boys on peds for fear they might hurt the rider. ******! dyck head shouldn’t run then.