mopedme

anyone seen this yet?

https://www.mopedme.com/

mopedme is an app that allows you to whiz through London on one of our shared electric mopeds

• Simply swipe to unlock - drive away, leave the moped at your destination and... that's it!
  • Cheaper and up to 50% faster than public transport or taxi.  
  • A portion of the revenue goes to a charitable cause of your choice. 

mopedme is arriving to London in March 2018. 

and all stolen by April 2018

Conceptually I can see it’s a good idea but if the level of competence on Boris Bikes is any indication, it’s going to be absolute carnage.

that is genuinely the shitest website I’ve seen in a while.

Literally nothing other than the splash screen I would not leave someone elses details on there let alone mine.

Licence verification?  Proper gear?  Being used for thefts?  Being stolen.  False details used to book them out etc etc etc…

I’m fairly sure it’s a joke. No other website exists apart from fb page.

I knew you secretly yearned for a scooter rather than your CB1000… 

Sounds legit

Do you have to supply your own helmet

that is genuinely the shitest website I've seen in a while.
Literally nothing other than the splash screen I would not leave someone elses details on there let alone mine.
The Sleeper
So probably ready for VC funding.

Thank you for the feedback on the design of the splash screen ;) 

The theft issue is definitely something we’re focusing on in our conversations with the manufacturer to make it as difficult for thieves as possible although we’re also keen to make the service  easy to use for everyday commuters. The background & license checks are something we need to get right to ensure there is no abuse. To Bigty’s question, helmets are provided, with single-use inserts. 

Getting any kind feedback is always good so if you have any questions, or want to make any suggestions, don’t hesitate to reach out here on on our Facebook page.

This is already working on Barcelona, Paris and Berlin, there is no reason why it wouldn’t work in here. 

More than welcome always happy to offer feedback.

On a serious note I’d really like to see more on a website which is trying to promote a service. Looking at the sheer lack of anything at the moment would put me off.

If you are indeed running this is other countries at least point to the success stories there…

Probably not for me but best of luck…

This is already working on Barcelona, Paris and Berlin, there is no reason why it wouldn't work in here. 
WildBoy
But do those cities have the feral future footballers and the horrible vehicle crime that we have in this country? 

This is a great idea, but it will fail, they will all be stolen, trashed or stripped within weeks.

But do those cities have the feral future footballers and the horrible vehicle crime that we have in this country?
Barcelona? Probably worse. Everyone I know, myself included, who has ever been to Barcelona has a story to tell. Our hire car was broken into and bags stolen. One of my friends who lived there for several years gave up locking his car - having the lock repaired regularly was costing him too much.

But what those cities don’t have is our Byzantine parking restrictions for motorcycles: sometimes they can be parked legally in pay-and-display bays, sometimes not; sometimes they can be parked legally in residents’ bays, sometimes not; sometimes the motorcycle bays are free, sometimes not. 

For casual use, this is a major obstacle.

Barcelona? Probably worse. Everyone I know, myself included, who has ever been to Barcelona has a story to tell. Our hire car was broken into and bags stolen. One of my friends who lived there for several years gave up locking his car - having the lock repaired regularly was costing him too much.
But what those cities don't have is our Byzantine parking restrictions for motorcycles: sometimes they can be parked legally in pay-and-display bays, sometimes not; sometimes they can be parked legally in residents' bays, sometimes not; sometimes the motorcycle bays are free, sometimes not. 
Michael748
Very true in Barcelona and most European cities Motorcycles can park anywhere even on pavements! good luck finding a bay past 10am in central London

That’s what I was thinking, extra bikes taking up valuable bike bay spaces.

If they do anything like they did with O bikes, they will flood the streets with them, until people is tired of stealing them. 

But what those cities don't have is our Byzantine parking restrictions for motorcycles: sometimes they can be parked legally in pay-and-display bays, sometimes not; sometimes they can be parked legally in residents' bays, sometimes not; sometimes the motorcycle bays are free, sometimes not. 
Michael748
I don't know mate, got plenty of friends living there and never heard that, it must be bad luck.