Mobile - ACF50 treatment

I’m thinking this ACF-50 malarkey is the solution to a problem that never really was. The 250 gets a regular light wipe over with an oily rag and an occasional goodly spray of WD40 and that’s that. Its a great way to check if there is in fact any corrosion that needs tending to or if anything is about to fall off, all part and parcel of a good maintenance schedule that money can’t buy.

So how much corrosion have I found on a 12 year old used and abused Honda? Not too much and nothing that needs any immediate attention apart from the exhaust clamps replaced the summer before last.

I’m entirely in agreement

Yeah, obviously it’s not necessary but it means that you don’t need to clean the bike as fastidiously, especially on ones with poorer finish quality, and it makes the cleaning easier when you do get around to it. Also, filtering in a cloud of purple smoke is an entertaining experience.

It’s like ABS and radial tyres and tyre weld and most other innovations of the past 50 years - not a necessity, but something that can make it easier more fun.

I like the idea of it because I ride daily throughout Winter and don’t clean my bike as often as I should in the colder months. Seems like a sensible solution.