Memorial Ride - 7th August 2011

Put me down for the Pootle :wink:

Hi, please put me down for the POOTLE group.

thanks,

Right…this may be a bit of a long-winded response!

Puppy’s daughter, Nieve (“nieve.rhodes” on this forum) has expressed an interest in joining this ride to remember her Dad. I can kit her out with stuff to wear, but she would obviously be better off in the “pootle” section. Would anyone be prepared to take her pillion??

Also, I would like to come along too…but I would be happier to be in the fast group!!! Would anyone be prepared to take me pillion??

Once I know whether there are people available to take Nieve and I pillion, I will make childcare arrangements for my two rugrats, and endeavour to join this ride, to remember Puppy and other London Bikers who are no longer with us.

yeah i would really like to go, if anyone would mind taking me pillion.

Well seeing as I took your aunt , Im sure I can help you out !!

I’m not offering to take any pillions sadly - as it might not end well:) But am sure kind LBers will offer to take you both!

I kind of missed out on getting a T Shirt due to Pay Pal issues and not having a Pay Pal account to send money through, but do hope to see you all there. It’s a little out of London I guess, but seems a straightforward A10 route up to the meeting point. I’ll bring my ride contribution in cash on the day :slight_smile:

Thank you so much J.C I really appreciated it !

as Jc is taking neive ill take Amanda

i think we all meet at kevstas and go from there

Thanks Ginger! :smiley:

I have no sense of direction - but am planning on taking the A10 north and sticking to it. However, if people whose numbers I have can keep their phones to hand in case I get lost trying to find the caff - cool. I would meet at Kevstas with you lot, but I think going from Streatham to Watford to wherever this place is, is kind a long way round :slight_smile:

Hels, i am sure a few of us will pick up anyone at the Ace that doesnt know the way, and we usually have a pick up at the Tesco’s petrol station on the A10 (Think its the Chesunt one)

I’m hoping to be able to join you all but won’t be able to 100% confirm until the actual weekend - hope that’s ok? Pootle group please.

Hels, Weaver has managed to get you a t-shirt. She says she hopes you are really tiny because the shirt is (I gather you ordered a small?) You can pay her on Sunday.

The cafe is approximately 24 miles north of junction 25 of the M25 (A10). It is on the left shortly after you pass the sign which says REED and 40mph. the cafe is actually signposted.

By the way, if anyone wishes to say something about Guy or anyone else then please feel free to do so. Or if you want to say something but do not think you can manage it, then please pm something to me and Weaver says she will do it.

Take care, see you all on Sunday.

Oh looks like there will be two groups, both pootling but one a bit more than the other! :slight_smile:

If you are doing a pick up from the Ace what time will it be, I know where the Silver Ball is but its a bit dull riding up there on your own! Anyone else thinking of leaving from there?

Possibly leave there about 8.30 ish,

Anyone else meeting there ?

Message from Weaver:

"Doesn’t look like a huge amount of people going (unless zillions arrive who have not posted) so I reckon as long as people are there by 10ish they should get breakfast in time if they want it. Of course if it’s a fine day there may well be loads of other bikers out there as well, but we can’t know in advance. If you don’t want breakfast there, then aim to get there before 10:30 so as to pay, collect t-shirts if you have one coming and have a quick briefing before we leave. Hoping to get away around 11:00 am.

Thanks everyone - see you Sunday"

I will meet at the A 10 Tescos - whereever that is.:slight_smile:

Don’t worry Weaver if the T Shirt is too small Ginger can wear it:D

See you at the ace for 8.30 :slight_smile:

Hels the A10 Tesco is a little way up the A10 from the junction with the M25. Once over/off the M25, go straight over the roundabout and through two sets of traffic lights, past the BP garage and a small turning on the left then you will see the Tesco garage also on the left. You need to pull off just past it and go round to the left at the first traffic lights to get into the petrol station, which is here people usually meet.

Jackie, can you go via there to collect Hels please?

Cheers

Hels - Ginger and a small shirt? Hmmm. Not to mention it will clash with his hair! :slight_smile:

will be at the ace in morning feel free to follow … Hel can collect you …