Mayor plans to expand ULEZ to North and South Circular

That’s 2 bikes and a van I will not be able to use…maybe time to move up north…:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Newest blackbird I’ve seen is a 2007 reg but not many around

Newest blackbird I've seen is a 2007 reg but not many around ChrisB
I'm guessing they must have been registered early 2007. For ULEZ it needs to be 1st July 2007 onwards and meet Euro3. Rules pretty much anything with carbs.

What could he do? The area is very well served for public transport and people still choose to drive, who’s fault is that?

What!? My 05 r6! :sob:

Woop woop by 990 adventure can still roam around… not that I come up to London anymore… :smiley:

TFL state that 31 million passenger journeys are made on their network a day. And that figure doesn’t include most of the rail network. When Westminster introduced the parking charges apparently there were 16,000 motorcycle journeys into central London a day.

Even if that figure has doubled and every single biker gave up commuting into London by PTW, public transport wouldn’t even register a difference.

So in theory if you live in the Ulez you have 7 years to comply otherwise 4 …
2005 bikes are going to be 15 year old then …and another reason to stay out of london.but i bet someones designed an exhaust system similar to non compliant hgvs to make them compliant and it will roll out nearer the time .

What could he do? The area is very well served for public transport and people still choose to drive, who's fault is that? monkimark

It’s also the main way to the A3/A24/A217 and is only well connected North to South via the Tube and not laterally to Clapham Junction (without changing at Balham), Fullham and Mitcham/Streatham/Brixton.

TFL state that 31 million passenger journeys are made on their network a day. And that figure doesn't include most of the rail network. When Westminster introduced the parking charges apparently there were 16,000 motorcycle journeys into central London a day.
Sobering stats which probably explain why they don't give a toss about motorbikes as transport.

[quote]

TFL state that 31 million passenger journeys are made on their network a day. And that figure doesn’t include most of the rail network. When Westminster introduced the parking charges apparently there were 16,000 motorcycle journeys into central London a day.

Even if that figure has doubled and every single biker gave up commuting into London by PTW, public transport wouldn’t even register a difference.

Pat
How many of those motorcycles are older than 2007

I doubt its a lot

My main gripe is that it’s 24/7 so if I’m going for a ride early Sunday and need to get across London, I need to be more creative with my route - depending on what’s happening with the North/South Circular extension.

What could he do? The area is very well served for public transport and people still choose to drive, who's fault is that? monkimark

It’s also the main way to the A3/A24/A217 and is only well connected North to South via the Tube and not laterally to Clapham Junction (without changing at Balham), Fullham and Mitcham/Streatham/Brixton.

ShaunC
I lived in Balham/Tooting for 10 years and never had a problem getting about on public transport. There's the northern line, trains through Tooting & Balham and loads of bus routes. Never even occurred to me to buy a car when I lived there.

It’s true that a lot of the traffic there is due to the high street being one of the few roads heading out south over the railway but again, I don’t see what a local MP could do about that.

I lived in Balham/Tooting for 10 years and never had a problem getting about on public transport. There's the northern line, trains through Tooting & Balham and loads of bus routes. Never even occurred to me to buy a car when I lived there.
I'm living in zone 4 (outside the North Circular) at the moment and people here are surgically attached to their cars. They will even drive 200 yards from their homes to the corner shop to pick up a pint of milk. This needs to change.

Found this online,

https://talklondon.london.gov.uk/cleaning-londons-air-pollution

Not one mention of motorbikes as an alternative. It does give you a cahnce to put your opinion about the ULEZ for whqat it’s worth. The more bikers that do it the more chance that it might help, I mean 5,000 bikers is a big voting block.

At least my wife has said I can change the bike for something newer, but it will take a couple of years to save for that…

Just wondering what they will do if they extend the ULEZ to the north and south circular. The cost of putting all the cameras in place to cover every road and don’t forget that they have to be able to see your registration number as well.

I do know that the Motorcycle action group are in constant talks with the GLA and Tfl over this and all sorts of stuff to do with motorcycling being taken as a viable transport in London, but like anything to do with the government it’s not a 5 minute fix.

I wonder how likely this is to happen for 2017, seems quite soon to make the CCZ also ULEZ.
I’d have to get a newer bike too. I work in the zone, and my train ticket would cost me £3440, so pretty easy to justify a newer bike. Sprint ST1050?

CB500X is a contender for me…  However, if I am due the pay rise I should get (bastards have held off to 9 months now) I will aim for something like a nice Speed Triple or SuperDuke…  I’m tired of boring bikes!

Found this online,

https://talklondon.london.gov.uk/cleaning-londons-air-pollution

Not one mention of motorbikes as an alternative. It does give you a cahnce to put your opinion about the ULEZ for whqat it’s worth. The more bikers that do it the more chance that it might help, I mean 5,000 bikers is a big voting block.

Tyger800Tim
just done it and had a rant about motorbikes in the comment box to say we should be exempt