Make sure you update your address on your drivers license...

Moved in Feb, didn’t update my drivers licence until March.  

This morning had the bailiffs at my old address, turns out I had a fine of £100 odd for driving in a bus lane in Lambeth.  They sent it to my old address and the people didn’t forward the mail.  Obviously at no point has anyone in any collections agency checked for updated details so I have had county court judgements etc without me knowing, until today I ended up paying £600 over the phone to the thieving cunts.

Lesson learned, always update your drivers license asap.

Lucky you got away with £600. Could have been £1600, https://www.gov.uk/change-address-driving-licence

How do I find out if any other fines are outstanding against my bike?  Is there anyway to check?  Being a muppet I just realised I hadn’t updated my vehicle registration either, and I am worried there may be outstanding fines against that.

It took me [cough] quite a while [cough] to update the address on mine because it necessitated going from the old paper licence to the photo ID card one; and I put that off as long as I could.

I hope you’re not planning on looking for credit anytime soon.

I think you can get a CCJ withdrawn. I’d look into that as it butchers your credit score. The new residents at your old address aren’t very bright. They should have at least contacted the debt agency (logo would have been on the envelopes) to say you were no longer at the address. Saves the bailiffs turning up.

I think you can get a CCJ withdrawn.
Google having a CCJ 'set aside'.

im off to court next month to have a CCJ for myself set aside.   Similar’ish thing happened to me.  I’m not gonna go into details but the court believe I have a strong case to sort the problem out.  In a nutshell - I sold a motorbike shortly before moving address.  The vehicle details were never updated and I received an attachment to earnings for a fine for no insurance with no sorn in place.  

Wake up call for me - always get a proof of postage with a V5.

How do I find out if any other fines are outstanding against my bike?  Is there anyway to check?  Being a muppet I just realised I hadn't updated my vehicle registration either, and I am worried there may be outstanding fines against that.
RyanS
Ryan I would say the original fine would have been a result of this not the licence.  So I think you'll be safe now.  I'm not sure forgetting to update address is a defence to have a CCJ set aside.  However I do recommend phoning the court.  They can be extremely helpful.  But what ever you do, dont bend the truth... be honest and see what they can do. Perhaps seek some legal advice before hand.  a CCJ will affect you one day, so fix it now.

While you’re there have you notified your insurance company of the change of address?

If not you could find your insurance void :-((

You might want to update the thread title too :wink:

Make sure you update your Licence, Insurance and V5

As others above have said, this is not related to your driving license. The fine if you get pulled by the fuzz with the wrong address on your license is a straight £1000. 

Moral of the story, change your addresses. I’m moving in January and I’ve already made a list of all of the addresses I need to change- currently it’s 23 items/companies.

To be sure to be sure Royal Mail offer a Redirection Service where  you can have your mail re-directed to any UK or overseas address for up to 3, 6 or 12 months from just £33.99 for each different last name. You can apply for a re-direction of mail up to three months before or six months after a change of address.

https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/redirection

How many are still unaware your photo licence is only valid for ten years ?

How many are still unaware your photo licence is only valid for ten years ? TimR
and the cheeky gits rob you for £20 each time you update if I remember correctly

£14

Me, was amazed at the quick turnaround, had it and my passport back in a week

If you have a new passport, they don’t even need it. Just the number.

Had a similar situation where I hadn’t updated my 125’s V5 address, forgot to insure/SORN it (never rode it, lived in the garage) and got a fine from the DVLA to my old address. Didn’t receive it, so it got bigger and ended up with DVLA taking me to court (without my knowledge still), and me being found guilty. Eventually they tracked down my new address since I’d updated my driver’s license, and I get a letter saying I owe the court £500. Ended up getting that overturned by going to the magistrates court since you can’t be found guilty in a case which you legitimately weren’t aware of.

Long story short it went back to court in Swansea, I plead guilty by post to not having insurance and got… a £450 fine. So that + the half day off for going to the magistrates meant I actually ended up worse off.