Lost the front end today! - now with the Video

So everyone wants to see it, here it is!

What the hell? Was there a diesel spill or something?

What the hell? Was there a diesel spill or something? Joby
Yup you see my point. Doesn't matter how many times I watch that I just fail to see what I've done wrong.

wow that came out of no-where

Hmmmm.   Can’t pretend to work out wtf happended there.   I’d dfo try and get it fixed up and hope the hire company don’t notice - or they’ll likely try and mug you on any damages.

Defo oil on the ground, you’ve already lost the front braking next to the van. 

I can’t see any oil at all (although hard to see obviously on a YouTube clip)

I.very nearly went down in very very similar circumstances years ago. There was nothing on the floor only rain. No solice I know and shitty deal but at least you’re ok and weren’t filtering with cars coming the other way.

F*ck me! Defo surface. However, I’d send the video to the loan company, and tell them you’re going to sue them for supplying a faulty vehicle. lol

(Just undo the front end bits a little first! :wink:

My front tyre slipped at v low speed on a bit of that shiny advertising board stuff. The roads people and the council make you fill in a form and send photos etc then get back to you with a letter citing a particular court case (I think a biker who slipped on gravel and died) which basically says that the surface of the road or anything on it isn’t their fault. You get nowt.

I don’t know if it has anything to do with it, but before your slip up until about a ft before it, well, the beginning of the blue van, is that a repair to the centre of the road for a few vehicles? Is the road damaged after that?

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but before your slip up until about a ft before it, well, the beginning of the blue van, is that a repair to the centre of the road for a few vehicles? Is the road damaged after that? mole
Good spot, I wonder if it was on the strip of smooth stuff they cover the join with. I'm sure there's some rules regarding how wide this is supposed to be....

Lol, yeah hide that video and do as above!

So which tyres are on bike?

Given the bike has less than 5k on the clock I’d say the originals.

Was just wondering with regards to your previous comment on they had put shite tyres on thats all .

"
There is a dark side to this bike though however, get the Versys in the wet on the standard suspension settings (which are adjustable) combined with those super budget D221 Dunlop Sportmax’s, then the meaning of mortality take on a whole new meaning.

The rear shock preload is too hard and helps to make the bike chatter around corners, while the front end has too little preload and ends up wallowing and bottoming out as soon as there is anything more than slight pressure put on to the front brake lever. On top of this the front wants to tuck in without warning, and spends most of it’s time in the wet not giving any feedback whatsoever. Not too clever on a relatively tall bike"

Sorry to hear this mate. A mate of mine crashed his mint original R1 owned from new in a similar way.

Try not to over analyse it.

Looks like a grip issue with crappy roads / tyres or possible mechanical fault/set up rather than something you did wrong.

I hope you don’t get shafted by the loan company.

Was there much damage?

Still waiting to talk to some one about it but I’m not hurry as needed it for yesterday.

To take it to a mechanic parts and labour would be about 500 so in the grand scheme of things not masses. Just annoying

An insurance company offered me a loan bike in 2014, I declined the offer but noted the insurance excess on it was £1,000.

Check your loan agreement and insurance excess.