Lost the front end today! - now with the Video

So my luck is getting better.

Shite friday, worse monday, still waiting to get my bike back.

Then BOOM lose the front end at about 5-10mph. down goes loan bike. I’m in pain now shoulder and ribs!

when is my luck going to change!

now looks like I’m going to have a claim against me for the loan bike as well…

Ouch, you’re really up against some evil luck gremlins.

What happened to your bike to drop at about 5-10mph?

oh wow, try and repair it yourself if you can. the loan company won’t be kind. 

At least it’s not raining! Oh wait…

Ouch, you're really up against some evil luck gremlins.

What happened to your bike to drop at about 5-10mph?

CBR500R commuter
about to watch the footage, but honestly nothing. I was going along slowly pulled the front break (gently and I do mean gently) and the front wheel just turned and went. I was not on the white stuff and no drains so no freakin idea!

Always use the rear brake only at 5mph…

Very bad luck though - hopefully that will be the last bad luck for a while!

Always use the rear brake only at 5mph...

Very bad luck though - hopefully that will be the last bad luck for a while!

mole
honestly! I hate the bike and they have put proper shite tyres on the.

I know it is no excuse but I’m 100% mine would not have acted the same.

Possibly something caught under your wheel?

I had a proper scare last week when I managed to apply the front brake when the wheel was on a flattened plastic coke bottle, luckily I was going in a straight line because it was like suddenly the front wheel had decided to go snowboarding.

Banana Skin? :banana:

after watching the video, I honestly cannot see anything I did wrong!

I know a good workman never blames his tools, but honestly it has to come to the tires on the bike, I really cannot see any other reason for it going out.

What does the front tyre feel like to the touch? Mines always proper rubber to the touch. Even when wet.

What does the front tyre feel like to the touch? Mines always proper rubber to the touch. Even when wet. banman
Never really been that intimate with the wheel to be honest.

Check the tyre pressures, they may be incorrect.

Shouldn’t happen at that speed. Must have been braking in a turn? In a straight line - even if you jammed the brakes at 10mph - only your nutz would be damaged!

Shouldn't happen at that speed. Must have been braking in a turn? In a straight line - even if you jammed the brakes at 10mph - only your nutz would be damaged! alex
Nope disagree here wholeheartedly. you can clearly see in the video (which I will put up if I can be arsed) that I was going in a straight line pulled the break and it just went from under me.

I can only assume at this stage there was oil or something I could not see.

You may want to go back and check the exact point on the road. You may be able to make a claim against the government’s body - whose name I’m struggling to remember … uninsured or not present claims …

Apologies, wasn’t considering oil etc.
I have to agree with Ian, it can only be related to surface because it just shouldn’t happen under normal conditions @ 5-10mph - assuming the loan bike is in a good/serviced condition. Are you sure the speed was that low (not that it really matters now) - my bike mocks me in Italian if I try to go that slow - its all clutch! Put the video up!!! lol

Apologies, wasn't considering oil etc. I have to agree with Ian, it can only be related to surface because it just shouldn't happen under normal conditions @ 5-10mph - assuming the loan bike is in a good/serviced condition. Are you sure the speed was that low (not that it really matters now) - my bike mocks me in Italian if I try to go that slow - its all clutch! Put the video up!!! lol alex
lol working on it now, but i'll be out of the office tomorrow so if it does not complete in time you will have to wait.

Shit luck mate. Glad your not too hurt. Must have been oil.

Is there much damage to the bike?