London safety camera replacement project

wish they would stop calling them safety cameras!

Not sure about every borough, and yes the budget I read was £40m

Anyone else thinking protest time???

The only problem is, They will say that speeding is Breaking the law. If you are a Law abiding citizen then you have nothing to worry about and the cameras won’t affect you!

I think we should take more of a Vigilante stand. Fill Gatso’s with Expanding foam, it really doesn’t do the internals much good! :Whistling:

Or maybe some of this

(Disclaimer:- I do not condone any criminal acts against Government property, and if any such acts are caused it is not down to me. Thank you mr Policeman)

Always wondered how effective a well aimed paint ball gun would be when used in conjunction with a camera…

you would be a braver person than me to pull out a gun type object in London

LOL.

You’d get away with it in Hackney

i’m always thinking its protest time!!!

educate people dont fine them!!! works much better.

Nope, some people just won’t learn :slight_smile:

how do you educate people about speeding then?

do you want a free highway code book?

As I now work in Camden with its 20mph limit, i’ve noticed that more vehicles pull out from side roads, its seems that as I am travelling so slowly they seem to take more risks and pull out, same goes for lemming pedestrians as well - or is it just me…

Okay, so on my way into work I see that some of the new cameras have been installed on the A1/Hendon Lane junction.
Not sure if the are ‘live’ yet, but will find out.

Are you going to test it out? :slight_smile:

Not me, but I know a man whose job it is to do exactly that :wink:

can’t we volunteer to be safety camera testers , just a thought :smiley:

Me, me , me

Gis a job I can do that, have some past experience too :w00t:

what do they look like?

i noticed some at the lights before RS lounge at the top of Lea Bridge Road, they look new, little grey box, with a cam type thing next to it.

The ones on the A1 are black with a yellow box camera on top, there were two side by side.
You will know as there are the white space markings in each lane going into the junction.

ah these must just be new red light cams, i thought there must be some kind of lines down on the road to calibrate the speed?

Camera replacement. Fantastic!.. Just in time for this (on MSN today)…

The Government announced a four-fold increase in fines available to magistrates, meaning motorway speeders could be forced to pay up to £10,000.

But motoring groups said the new fines were disproportionate and could put people off challenging unfair speeding tickets.

Magistrates’ court guidelines set out how the appropriate level of punishment should be determined according to the seriousness of the offence.

Under the proposed changes, the maximum in each category will increase from:

:: Level 1 - £200 to £800. Includes unauthorised cycle racing on public ways.

:: Level 2 - £500 to £2,000. Includes driving a motorcycle without a protective helmet.

:: Level 3 - £1,000 to £4,000. Includes the sale of alcohol to a drunk person or being drunk and disorderly in a public place.

:: Level 4 - £2,500 to £10,000. Includes speeding on the motorway.

Mr Wright said: "Financial penalties set at the right level can be an effective way of punishing criminals and deterring them from further offending.

£2000 for riding without a helmet and they say it’s an effective way of punishing criminals :angry: It’s the usual story - picking on the easy targets whilst the career criminals & yobs get away with a slap on the wrist as always.