London crime...

Is it me or is London having a dramatic increase in fatal crimes in the last 18 months…? Gang stabbings, people beaten to death over pety arguments. Curiously most happening around the east and by youngsters (or aspiring footballers).

I mean I understand that this is a very big city and it’s relatively safe, but these crimes seems to be making the news every 2 days

No just that it’s being picked up by the media again. I’ve been to numerous stabbings/shootings/vicious assaults and they dont get reported

The news is probably not the best place to get an accurate portrayal of the trend, I think the recent trend has been up a bit for knife crime & murder but before that it was going down for a few years. That ignores any effect of how many crimes are reported, how they are recorded etc.

Depends also what you’re reading. I never read Metro or Standard, instead i read Economist and BBC.

Lol probably not the reassurance people were hoping to read.

Ask for a freedom of information from the ambulance service about the number of calls categorised as stabbed/shot/weapon wound or assault and I’m sure you’d be shocked! They will highlight it better than police figures as they all need ambulance assistance even if they don’t press charges or don’t involve the police

It’s usually a case of people who are involved in gangs/knife/weapon carrying. Can only think of a handful of fatal assaults that were “innocent” people

I blame Brexit voters

I blame Brexit voters Wise
For this and any other bad thing that might be happening to the uk off course... 
I blame Brexit voters Wise
For this and any other bad thing that might be happening to the uk off course...  WildBoy
but I didn't say which voters I was blaming

I bet, i know a few people in front line services so hear some of the stories, but reckon they gloss over most of what they deal with as it becomes day-to-day work.

Depends also what you're reading. I never read Metro or Standard, instead i read Economist and BBC. CBR500R commuter
I didn't know what oxymoron meant until I read BBC News

It’s always been that way…