London Bridge 14/5/14

What the hell was that?!?!

A black fully faired sports bike in pieces in the middle of the road. Police had already put sand down to absorb the oil, but forensics were taking pictures and measurements. No ambulances in sigh when I passed at 5:55. Hope the rider didn’t fair too badly, though it looked AWFUL.

I saw the bike down as I headed to Borough market- looked like a nasty accident.
Hope the rider is ok.

it was there at 5ish til at least 7.
Black gsxr of unknown year, 600/750. looked like they’d been going a fair speed and plowed into the back of the van. nothing left of the front end of the bike.

pic: http://i.imgur.com/kcX14uU.jpg

That’s a mess.
Hate to say it, but doesn’t look good for the riders life. That looked some Impact!

It’s Dan, not sure of his forum name or even if he’s registered.
Got a busted leg and broken wrist. :frowning:

he did well to survive that well!

Oh ****!!
Good to hear he’s ok. That looked a big one.

I went past it around 6.15 and it looked horrendous. So glad to hear that he’s not too badly bashed.

Looked like it was a very high speed crash.

looks like you lot are making judgements without knowing what you’re talking about. nasty, considering its a biker just like us.

we all know perfectly well it doesnt take much speed to destroy a bike into pieces.

Seen the bike… poor fella :frowning:

R

mine was into the back of a rav4 at 30-40. my head dented the boot lid hard enough to jam it. it certainly didn’t dent any further up or even break the glass.

Can’t see how a bump at 30-40mph could cause that much damage to the van, let alone the bike. Thank goodness he lives to tell the epic tale (fail).

Poor Dan. GWS mate… You will miss some nice weather tho…

R

people!!!
catch my hint!!!

this TeamMCS is clearly an investigator of some sort, please leave it alone!!! :angry:

too fucking late now innit!!!

none of us were there at the time of accident anyway. no need for useless speculations, especially considering the chap is injured.

Bottom line is you never know how its happened, you only have to do enough track days to know when a bike crash at 80 it can look like its just been dropped off the side stand but the next day it can come back in a dustbin.

Im pretty sure i could dent the van door that badly if i ran at it, so if you think he and the bike hit the rear door it would have to be fast.

What with his 130 posts and over 450 visits - you must be the investigator :hehe:

No I’m the investigator. :smiley: