Leathers

Guys what’s up with the snide remarks at the beginning about me running out of cash etc… Yeah I felt the burden of paying over £600 to have my dream bike at my age but hey no hats off to me for being such a dedicated biker? I could go and get a 1k suit but 1. I don’t need it and 2. Yes I’m trying to save… What’s wrong with that? I just stumbled on the £120 one while looking at others and thought that’s incredibly cheap so wanted your opinions… Anyway like I said be nice… No need for those remarks please! Apart from that cheers guys, I’ll check out all the brands/places you said… Because all I have right now is a spada jacket and sidi boots… I ride in that + jeans all the time… I want something good looking and that will protect me at a decent price… Someone sugested infinity in clapham… Might try them…

Cheers gents and ladies

as sam says all leathers will fit different and feel diff, if you ant any help gimme a SHOUT.:slight_smile:
depends what size you r but i have a Dainese 8track leather jacket sze 48 euro for sale in grey with some white its a nice jacket.

I have a used one piece you can have for £100. Size 48 (link in my sig).

BTW, the comments = unfortunate right of passage. Give as good as you get mate :wink:

I used to give a lot better than I used to get… Got me banned lol

I got a cheap pair of ebay, but second hand, got gloves and boots and one-piece for £60 (albeit in a rather individual colour scheme). Definitely worth a look for second hand stuff, lots of people buy and never use.

Infinity in clapham only have expensive brands I reckon, you will spend more than you want there.

a mate got a brand new r1 on 07 his mrs brought a pair of these leathers your looking at as a surprise for him he wore them once mate say no more :slight_smile:

The shop mark up is ridiculous - 50+%.
In my view it is better to get some made to measures for £600 that will fit properly and be better made and last more than one year and will not look out of fashion (if you care about that) next year when the latest hot racers have a new design. A suit that costs £600 in the shops will have cost the manufacturer say £200 to make. Why not pay the manufacturer direct and get better quality? That’s my opinion.

I’m supposed to be working, sorry but havnt read the rest of the replys however i have had a look at the link. I would say they look like brick lane leathers, appreance made for motobikers in mind but i wouldnt trust them.

Hein gerrick sometimes do 0% intrest on there own branded items, why not go speak to them see if they have any offers coming up or something. Better still if you have gear already, why not save up and get something decent, buy once buy right or how ever the saying goes.

Also prehaps have a cheeky word with wasp, she does allterations on bike gear and she maybe able to point you in the right direction of a cheaper but still decent brand.

Im looking at one of these, soon as I can find a stockist to try it on

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/54674

Bloody hell don’t get all defensive ya big girl.

I was merely giving my opinion that it would “look” like you had blown all your money on your bike and didn’t have anything for decent kit. And buying a flash bike don’t make you a dedicated biker :wink:

Aaaaaaaaanyway, if your only option was either that suit for £120 or a suit for £1000 then I could see the dilemma, but honestly mate you could add another £250 to that original 120 and you could buy yourself a proper pukka bit of kit, that would not only look the business, but do the business if you came off.

Now stop thinking we are looking for ways to “diss” and accept that some of us old farts have a lot of decent advice and wisdom to impart, which you would do well to listen to. Ya young whipper snapper. :smiley:

Increase your budget to £300-400 and you can get something very nice. 1 piece suits are safer but unless you’re doing a lot of track time or enjoy looking like a power ranger you can go for 2 piece.

Another option is Leather Jacket + Hood Jeans (has all the armour in it) which is what I ride with.

Having looked at those leathers, I can honestly say that I’d rather suck sh!t through a dirty sock than part with cash for those cheap as feck leathers! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want to get a bargain, like others have said, go and look at different shops which are trying to get rid of old stock. Now is a prime time, with the summer season coming up etc…

Alternatively try and have a look online. Lastly, if you are going by price, you should be looking for at least the £350 mark, up to whatever your maximum price is, depending on whether you want 1 or 2 piece leathers… :wink:

Happy hunting, and I hope you’re enjoying the new ride! :slight_smile: