LB group booking for Brands Eve 31st May

^^^ is it not usually 105?

nope can be as low as 98db

just checked the site. its 105 drive bye :smiley:

we’re in!

Andrew, should we wait for the go-ahead from you before booking?

tea at ours afterwards :slight_smile:

Are you sure?

Mmmmm this says otherwise

a better pic…

http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/trackdays/bike-calendar.aspx

this is brands official page

I prefer the one with a ninja turtle and smiley face tbh.

Might be worth contacting them in advance though I guess?

That Ron Haslam Race school was top draw… Learnt a lot and definitely want to do the next stage (or the same stage again :blush:)

Can someone explain to me why there are sound limits on a track? I really don’t get it.

Presumably because the locals who decide to move to the beautiful surrounds of Fawkham do not realise that the nice weaving, undulating bit of tarmac round the corner hosts screaming motorcyclist hooligans, and object to the noise?

it scares the birds. :laugh:

Hang about. Thats a bit like moving near Heathrow and not expecting there to be noise from planes. Surely people can work out that bikes + track = noise?

I used to think like this but things like a track arent always known to people moving into the area and agents want a sale so are unlikely to let them know. Heathrow is another story though…

yes Daniel, it makes perfect sense does it? :smiley:

@silveR6 didn’t see your comment about the birds lol :D… We all know your sitting in the stands with you binoculars looking for the birds of prey

:laugh:

but seriously, thats the reason. you cant really hear anything outside brands, as you may have noticed if you ride around it. its because of the frigging nature surrounding it.

sure as hell i dont look for birds of prey when i’m around brands :smiley:

I’ve never really been round there when theres stuff happening.

she looks for men in uniform instead… :laugh:

I am defo up for this and happy to stay in one group with other LBers or inters :slight_smile: using own bike as it will be fun

Done Ron Haslam several times 600 & fireblades at donnington and silverstone - always a great day for those thinking of doing it :D:cool:

Hi - I might well be tempted :slight_smile:

Would prefer a full day, but if there’s a good turnout shame not to join in. I’ve not tried MSV before.

Plum - a full day event may be a little more newbie friendly and relaxed, and often they have free instructors to show you around the track (well worth it!). Also they often have more of a dedicated newbie group.

Having said that the last LB evening bash had loads of newbies and everyone had a good time. Like Claire and Laurence :slight_smile:

I got shoved up to intermediates though :frowning: