Last Chance For Eugene

eugene12.jpgPARKALGAR HONDA is focussed on wining the 14th and final round of the World Supersport Championship at its home Parkalgar circuit near Portimao in Portugal and has not given up on claiming the World Championship title either.
Eugene Laverty is 19-points behind World Championship leader Cal Crutchlow and has a chance at taking the title for Parkalgar Honda if his rival suffers any misfortune. To do so at the team’s home track would be the perfect end to the season for rider, team and the circuit.
Home-circuit hero Miguel Praia is riding better than ever and his fans will be cheering him every lap of the race in the hope he can challenge the front runners and signal his intentions for 2010.
The World Superbike Championship is also set to be decided on race day at the 4.445km Portimao track in Portugal on October 25th so a day of high drama and excitement is assured - to book tickets in advance, visit http://www.autodromodoalgarve.com/.

Eugene: “We had a good test last week at Portimao and are full of confidence. I have now gone so many races without a win and it would be perfect if I could end the season on a high and win it at our home circuit. I can only win the Championship if I finish first or second; that is what I must do and Cal knows what he has to do as well. I’m all for good sportsmanship and will ride my own race and may the best man win. The circuit at Portimao is one that you could never get bored of, it is pure class. You can work with the technicians to set-up the bike but so much still depends on the rider because of the nature of the turns and elevations. It was made for a Supersports bike and is great fun.”
Miguel: “This is the biggest race for me this year. The Parkalgar circuit is more than a sponsor to me, it is my second home as I live nearby and I have great friends here. I also have super support from all of the Portuguese fans and I want to do my best for them all and score my highest result ever. The pressure is very high but my team is backing me and I have a fantastic race bike, it is going to be a brilliant race and the more fans that can come and support me the better – it really does make a difference.”

Simon Buckmaster, Parkalgar Honda Team Manager: “We had a positive test at Portimao and the pressure is off us and Eugene in the Championship stakes – but he will be going all out to win the race at our home track. If we win the race we’ll see what happens with Cal - he starts as favourite for the World Championship but there is a lot of pressure on him it is not over yet. Miguel is consistent and can improve for the race. In front of his home crowd and at a track he knows like the back of his hand I would be very surprised if he did not record his best ever finish in World Supersport. It’s going to be an exciting race meeting with the Superbike title decided on the same day so if you haven’t booked already, get your tickets and come to Portugal this weekend.”

Great and i will bee there taking some photos, support Miguel Praia and all the other great riders:)