Land registry drawing

I’ve been asked by my boss to make a scale drawing (1:500) of my shop for the land registry people. I’ve done all the measurments but i’ve got no clue how to do a proper scale drawing for this type of thing. Can some one fill me in on how to do this properly or set it up for me if i send you the measurments?

Are you using a pencil and paper or a mouse mate?

got it all on paper but i have to email it later. guess i can just scan the drawing though.

microsoft visio 2007

Unless you have a draughting package that might be the easiest way mate:)

at scale 1:500, every centimeter you draw on paper = 5 meters

so, every 2 milimiter= 1meter

basically, if you have a boundary line that is 10meters long in reality, on your drawing it will be 2cm

still confused with the 1:500 scale business though.:blink:

visio does the scale automatic . i always use it when have to do some crap drawing for my boss

is there a free download of it?

Are you working in metric?

If you are.

1/ Convert the measurements into mm (multiply meters by 1000) ie 1m = 1000mm

Divide the mm measurements by 500 and that is the size you draw in mm

ie … a 6.5m wall is 6500mm divided by 500 = 13mm so you draw it 13mm long.

This is a very small scale by the way;)

don’t think so…

i can get you one off the torrent

Whats a Torrent Arnie?

cheers for that guys i had the scale right then but it just looked really small as you said.

omg don’t tell me you don’t know what torrents are :stuck_out_tongue: the best way in my opinion of downloading stuff - p2p

you got torrent client and then you download file which tells the client where to get stuff from

client: www.utorrent.com
files: www.torrentz.com

there is many private torrent site where you get very high speeds and all stuff is virus free
my favourite is www.torrentleech.org
just with private sites it works this way that you have to share stuff you download as it’s all recorded and you have to keep ratio 1:1

my current stats :smiley:
Ratio: 1.539 Uploaded: 1.13 TB Downloaded: 750.14 GB

hope that’s help a little

and start using it :stuck_out_tongue:

1:500 is a very small scale, we would only use it for large sites, or as a location plan

Strange as it may seem mate, i’m not a techy/geeky type. more of a nuts and bolts kinda fella:D

Thanks for the explaination, might well use it when i find something i want to download:)

Yea don’t know what they are doing but in the email guy said to do it 1:500 or 1:1250

PM me your address - I have autocad TQ tiles and may already have your property on them!

If I do I can have the thing to you in a couple of hours.!

1:500 or 1:1250 would be use as location plans, to show existing adjacent buildings on a plot of land, so without something like an ordnance survey map overlayed on top, theyre not really of any use otherwise

The map on my property deeds is in fact 1:500, just checked

My whole road of 70 houses fits on A4 comfortably:)