Knee down action

Its an art but dangerous on the roads…

I can lean bike enough, but need to hang off more. This takes a bit of faith :slight_smile:

You cant really blame anyone for pulling out on you either cos they cant always see you :), i nearly went under a lorry last year practising KD

er, no, don’t position towards the back of the bike - you’ll just unload the front and make it more likely to let go…

You can get your knee down on anything tho :

surprises the gixxer riders nicely :smiley:

It’s not important on the road imho. You’re far too committed to be able to respond to changing conditions and, if you haven’t done it before, far too fixated on what your knee is doing.

That looks like what I used to do on the SV!

Sparky sliders aren’t allowed on any track I’ve heard of, though!

You need to copy everything in this mid 90’s instructional video for knee down action.

I guess I’m still in that immature phase that regards chicken strips as a badge of dishonour. ;):smiley:

Unless you make your rubber bubble, you’re no one to me! :w00t:

bubble and squeak? :smiley:

I last squeaked in fear when I cocked up a corner last wednesday and nearly went under a lorry.

Instead of my life flashing in front of my eyes I just saw all the thousands of internet retards who would be getting off on the phone cam footage of my mangled remains on the YNC . . .

Easy peasy! I teach you

yep i do, was in 08, Elad, Fooligun, and Vegas all had a hand in teaching me the art!

KD is fairly easy, body postion and confidence.

its a good thing to learn, if you go into a corner and suddenly need to lean more to make it through the corner then knowing you can lean for england is a bonus, in my eyes its better than standing the bike up and trying to brake…= crash

also on track you can use it as a gauge to see how far over you are on your tyres, i find it easier to corner in a KD body postion as well, it can slow you down, but more often than not it doesnt, first time out at brands i was clocking just under a minute, knee down eerywhere, would i hae gone faster without KD? maybe, but then maybe the confidence KD gives me helped me to be smoother there fore faster;)

i’m not gonna say dont do it on the road, just be carefull where.

one of my memories of the late Puppy was both of us chasing each other down the lanes both of us knee down, awesome fun, in thr ioght place at the right time.

You’re like that bloke in the photo though Ratty, I followed you before and thought you were not far off getting your knee down in a straight line!

Had a bit of this tonight, was loving it!

(had to leave when the police turned up for the second time though… :Whistling: )

fuk off!

dont make me post my fave pic!:smiley:

alex- i was there tonight too, no old bill when we were there…both times;) felt nice to get out and have a play, been a while since i been down there.

used too!?:smiley:

i think thats ‘The Ring’ dude, im sure of it.

Both times I was there were before 8, no-one else there until the police turned up, I went away (being followed) and came back and a different (traffic) car turned up soon after. Still haven’t nailed the left hander at enough speed to get to the edge of the tyre!

i was there about 8.30 or just before, then again about 10 ish, was few about later on, i am still a bit rusty, just getting the left down! nowwhere near the edge of the tyre tho, the old thumper gets bit wallowy! needs new suspension really, 42k has taken its toll!:w00t:

the right hander is sweeet tho, rights always easier:D

love park royal great place to learn, but nearly paid with my life for doing it on other roads, hence my track day obsession.

If i ride on roads these days its for simple controlled pleasure, if i want to push limits i do it on track! Not so many cars coming the other way, trees, curbs and signs to hit!

plus not laying in the road for 20 mins if it does go wrong!!

J

Not good fella. Blind roundabout, you can’t see, road users can’t see you joining the roundabout…

[quote]

Food for thought now I have a 610 :wink:

I helped a few learn. Ratty was one and I remember the joy and efficient on his face. After you get it you then do it everywhere you can haha.

I first got my kneedown coming off a roundabout in Gallions reach, I always have preferred left hand corners. It’s all about body position and throttle control. I assume you ride a 4 pot so at first get it into 3rd, this way your throttle input will be smoothed out. Slide a whole bum cheek off the bike, turn your shoulders into the corner and look as far around it as you can, stick your knee out, it feels uncomfortable but push it out as far as you can, toes on pegs, gradually and smoothly build speed and lean the with a startlingly load noise your knee will touch, stay on it and stay relaxed.

I used to do it everywhere as it kept my tl settled, like I say now I have a husky life is a bit different.

Just have a try on the husqy!:smiley: it’s easier than you’d think! It is do-able on the knobblys aswell as the sm wheels:D. I took a 630 out for a test ride the other week and that thing dropped in really easily

Fooligan, are you goin on the st georges day ride??