K5 1000 STOLEN

Sorry to hear this hope it turns up ok!

Really sorry to hear this bad news.Unbelievable,its not like you dropped your guard. I know its a slim chance but hope you get it back and the thieves are caught.
Something needs to be done about the epidemic of bike theft!

I just work on the Camberwell Green & live in Peckham, not a very good area. All our co cars get damaged all the time by local peeps. Might as well move on as it will prob never be found now. Sorry.

sorry to hear m8

will keep me eyes peeled in rotherhithe/bermondsey.

I think we need to rig up a bike and jump on them do it every week until there are no more shi* bags left

gutted for you mate we went to sonic house that night he pulled and I was in love with your bike such a bloody waste I hope they die a painful death CUN**

( SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS&nbsp

Keep an eye out on ebay for local parts, you can tell if its sus? it could be a clue for your bike

Trust him he’s got eyes on the back of he’s head !

Sorry about your bike being stolen mate

But I suspect something fishy going on…

Sorry to hear about you bike mate, every bike should have a tracker just to make sure we get them back

my mate had a tracker fitted, didnt get the bike back.

I did hear of a certain bike shop not so far from millwall football ground dealing in dodgy bikes etc.

Not twin wheels, the other 1.

inside that industrial estate?

I like a lot of the others are smellling something fishy here. Perhaps some techy guy could come up with an alarm that rings on your mobile when the bike moves in the garage or does this already exist? Hope your insurance is ok- very worrying time

got something for you !!!

( very rough and ready but here’s the idea ) … This is NOT the final workings but you can do this now if you wanted.

Buy a cheap and nasty small mobile phone ( a £9.99 one ) any network . You need enough credit to send 1 message .
Wire in to the battery a charger and have the phone under the seat . The phone does nothing except poll out and stay charged,.

Using something like www.bikelocate.co.uk ( Lee’s company ) you can pole the phone in the bike and you know which area the bike is in… Now baring in mind that phones work inside the back of vans and inside buildings you’ll be able to know “roughly” where the bike is until the phone is found and turned off ( am talking to a few people about making something that doesn’t have a keypad etc etc and can be mounted IN clocks ) …

Baring in mind is its on an industrial estate police will know where to look, also they need a rough location they know the boys of the area… And lets not forget I can keep polling the phone to get a direction of travel.

If someone can PM me their mobile number I’ll do a test tonight and we’ll see how accurate it is… Mine currently says

Lee is within 464 meters of Stratford, London, E154AE at 10:57 PM 24-February

I’m going to cross post this to get a discussion going , would appricate feedback in that thread.

Thread is http://londonbikers.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=35&MessageID=38164

Thanks

this looks pretty handy if your house is not directly attached to garage.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SILENT-ALARM-SYSTEM-CAR-HOUSE-CARAVAN-BOAT_W0QQitemZ5868055064QQcategoryZ60839QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

yep, through the gate and just on the right. S R.

S’wot we were saying above m8.

Just trying to do it discreetly if ya know wot i mean, lol.

Thats terrible guy, bastads huh…

I think if you own a bike in london Your gonna have to keep it in your kitchen or living room chained to the oven or fridge, or a team of rabid dogs in your garage…

I should image the bikes are apart in minutes after they get to where they are stripped,

Some one is selling these parts, look on ebay, look at bike breakers, it sounds like PLOD is doing F-ALL

makes me sick…