Japan earth quake

What a bizarre situation, it appears the fuel rods are being cooled by not much more than hose pipes, no one seems capable at short notice of rigging up a proper pumping facility there or repairing the one they have, or restoring the generators or external electricity supply.I think whoever made the top-level decisions over that power station’s siting right in a tsunami/earthquake zone, and over its safety/backup arrangements, should be made to commit ritual hara-kiri on live national TV, proper Samurai-style.

In fact they should make it a worldwide broadcast given the effect of their extreme stupidity may well be felt worldwide. They should show it on Saturday evening during the prime time slot, straight after the Ireland v England game on BBC1.

edited for fuckwittery - see below

Extreme stupidity ? you know a lot about nuclear power generation facility design , do you ? (apologies if you do, but your post encourages the reader to assume you don’t have a clue)
The whole of Japan is sited in an earthquake zone, FFS ! Nuclear power generation has served the Japanese well for decades - hese power plants are a pretty old design and if they hadn’t been built to withstand earthquakes, imagine what the result would be !
Boiling water reactors are also used in the US (in fact the Japanese ones were designed by General Electric) and Sweden - maybe they’re all a bit hard of thinking too ?

It was the tsunami that killed the (low-lying!) generators FFS!

Only part of Japan’s coastline faces a major fault line which causes earthquakes and tsunamis on a regular basis FFS!

And this power station was built on part of the coastline that does face it FFS! :w00t:

Didn’t anyone read this? …

Yep. There are shed loads of people writing crap on the t’interweb and like most of the others, they like the sound of their own voices more than fact. I don’t think I’ve heard a single genuine fact on the news in the past week regarding the reactors, even from those who should know better.

Maybe so, but I think Mr Palast knows more than most on this subject, and going by his previous writings, he is usually pretty accurate.

its a real tragedy the Japan has faced…I wish they will recover soon and emerge as anew strength as they did earleir afetr disaster in hiroshima and nagasaki many years back…