It’s Icy AF

If it comes down to fit then we’ll all have to compare hands :rofl:

+1 on Gerbing FTW (for the Warmth)

1 Like

Before you go wiring up, take a moment to consider muffs. Keep hands warm and dry, with proper fitting don’t impede controls and don’t need parts constantly sent back to manufacturers.

Pretty much every other post I recall seeing about heated gloves was to do with some controller breaking, or something not quite working. Yes the heated clothing manufacturers fixed it well, but it will always take time

muffs look ugly as sin, but they work and it means you spend less time getting ready - no wiring to figure out, just jump on bike and go

2 Likes

they do look ugly, but if you come off the bike arent your hands stuck inside?
instant broken wrists!

Broken, but lovely and warm.

1 Like

I have Oxford Bone Dry bar muffs and they are a good call and plenty warm enough just by eliminating the wind chill. The reason I was thinking of heated gloves was the time taken in fitting the muffs each winter and getting them in the exact position for hands to slide in and out freely and for them not to fold back on themselves or collapse onto the back of your hands at motorway speeds. The 250’s bar end weights, mirror stems and brake/clutch master cylinders are not arranged with bar muffs in mind.

Maybe this summer I’ll get a round tuit and sort bar muffs for good or take the plunge and buy heated gloves and vest. I hear what’s said about heated gear failures too, and it does seem a common issue regardless of brand. Although on the other hand I also hear that once heated gear is tried there’s no going back to layering up.

Aren’t Gerbing the brand with really good warranty dept, because so many people have to send them back?

1 Like

Fair pointm I had the tucano Urbano ones and they were pretty easy to get on and didn’t collapse even at motorway + generous vaguely legal margin

@Panagiotis don’t remember but I think I had a couple of offs with them and had not issue to get hands ojt

1 Like

I had Tucano Urbano muffs too. In terms of keeping warm the difference was night and day. You could wear summer gloves for most of the winter. They seemed large and flexible enough to avoid breaking your wrist in an incident but I never tested that thankfully.

everybody thats gives an alternative to heated gloves has never had heated gloves
they are on another level of comfort

In currently commuting from Maldon to Farmington 126 miles each way with heated gloves & insoles doing their stuff lowest temp so far 2021-2022 winter was -4
generaly i dont swtich them on for any temp above 5 jacket & trousers get switched on below 0

1 Like

See the trouble I find with heated gloves is they don’t sit tight enough to your fingers and my fingertips get cold.

Only caveat to that is Keis heated glove liners which fit like a base layer.

dont they do XXS / kids versions? :smiley:

1 Like

mine are fine ive never had an issue & thats even with my dodgy left hand

What do you do about gloves with glove liners?

I have cheap brand liners which work, but with the gloves on top I worry about them being too thick as you lose some sensation controlling the bike.