it moves...

well the story is this,

1.first the muscle will twitch,

2 then it will compress

3 then it will start to move without gravity,

4 then against gravity and

1. then it will lift things…

I just got to stage 3…it moved without gravity, only a quarter of an inch but it moved…something i havent done before so more progress every day…

Have started swiming again and am not that bad one armed…can keep up with most of the girls…breast stroke still hurts as the groin is still very tender and the side i fell onto is still very sore…

Neck still very painful, but am on big drugs for that…think i am becoming resistant to them as the pain is sneaking back again…even after 16 weeks…

Am hoping the the deltoids and scapular muscles will start on phase 1,…twitching…soon…certainly the operation to re-route the nerves seems to have been a success it is just a matter of time and hard work I guess from now on…that does not worry me…for sure…

But am now back to full work load even though i am totally knackered at the end of the day, it is getting easier…

That’s good news, may the progress continue :smiley:

Congrats - excellent news. Now is the hard slog of muscle development and building. But light at the end of the tunnel. Are you still gonna sell the R1?

Great news ! :slight_smile:

Good news fella, stay strong.

Superb 2strokes! It’s amazing how the human body can heal itself and with your determination and graft much more is achievealble.

Keep up the hard work!:slight_smile:

[quote]
2strokes (17/09/2008)

Have started swiming again and am not that bad one armed…can keep up with most of the girls…breast stroke still hurts as the groin is still very tender and the side i fell onto is still very sore…

quote]

well you’re not supposed to stroke the girls there as you swim past are you…???

:stuck_out_tongue:

excellent news fella

Brilliant news 2T

Seem to be making great progress.

Nice one dude, keep it up!

Thats great news,hope the recovery carries on with a pace.I remember the joy of getting my foot back on the footrest after knee reconstruction,painful but more than worth it:D

and there was me thinking the thread was something to do with Frankenstein.

Good to hear there is some movement in those muscles, time is a great healer as they say, but a ******* good surgeon is better sometimes. :smiley:

Not 100% about selling the old bikes and the r1…well I might just have a few goes until i do sell it…and then who knows

awesome news mate! Your still my hero for not giving up

:slight_smile:

Great news mate but don`t over do it.

Good luck with your recovery, I hope you notice more and more progress at a good pace.

I can’t imagine how please you must be feeling :slight_smile:

I’m a bloke, of course I am going to over do it. Only way I know…

thanks all of you…its tough but its manageable, quiet enjoyable really now the pain is under control, its a real challenge and trying to get fit again is agony but fun…

Had a read through what happened and have to say it sounds like it hasnt been good. Total admiration for you determination and fighting spirit and well pleased that things are slowly but surely getting better.

Well done

nice one 2t keep up the good work :slight_smile:

are you just swimming round in circles though being one handed so to speak :smiley:

Great news 2T:cool:

Slowly but surely, wayta go mate;)