is LB the most open, knowledgeable site on the web.

If you see members giving wrong/dangerous advice why haven’t you said so?

Your comment regards non crotch rockets is rubbish. We have a very healthy scooter and small bike section. If you ever bother to turn up at BMM you will se a vast array of machinery there.:wink:

When the weather improves at the minute the Ace is your best bet :smiley:

If I was to correct advice on here everytime somebody with minimal experience gave some my post count would be huge and I would be less popular than I already am :w00t:

As most regulars will know myself and my 2 girls ( rockerchic and fishface ) have been members for about a year, none of us rides ‘crotch rockets’ altho i know fishy would swap her chinese 125 for one if she could .
I have been hanging round with bikers , mostly the long haired brit /rat/chop riding rallying type for over 30 yrs but the people i have met thro lb have been some of the most welcoming and open minded i have ever come across .
NOT OPEN ? CLIQUEY ? INTOLLERANT ? ok 74niner you have obvously not been to the ace or bmm recently, or bowling/partying/france run/trackday/bulldog bash etc and met the same people i have , maybe you should.

Thank you Zeph. (See, there are also some very kind people on here too)

If you see members giving wrong/dangerous advice why haven’t you said so?

Easy to accuse, difficult to prove. If you are part of the team of knowledge then you are proving my point over and over again. please enlighten us with your knowledge and if you see bad advice being given, then speak up…same with you to Grim…cant imagine anyone dislikes you…and if anyone knows machines you do…

74Niner, I’m sorry to tell you, but as the founder of LB, I can say Cezar wasn’t the “head honcho”. He was part of a team, and to pick one person out is a little mystifying.

LB prides itself on being as open as possible, to all riders of all bike-types. If we’re missing a trick, then please let us know, we’re always trying to grow LB into something that everyone feels welcome at. LB has never been about just sports-bikes. Nearly all of the people who contribute their time to the running of LB have non-sports bikes in their garage.

LB can only grow and improve with the help of those within it. If you sit on the fence and nay-say, then you’re not part of the solution…

Jay, “don’t fix it if it aint broke.”

I’m hacked of with people thinking things have got to be changed for the sake of change.

I’m not advocating things being frozen in time, just evolution, keeping up to speed, whatever phrase you prefer.

I’ve not found any other bike site quite so…er…um…time wasting?

Big thanks to the moderators.

+1:w00t::smiley:

If I can comment on the ‘cliquey’ suggestion. I think you will find that any strong highly active web forum can come across as cliquey. Particularly those where there are regular meets. This does lead to a familiarity that becomes fairly obvious in the posts. It can be intimidating for some people who do not consider themselves as part of the clique. This is not a criticism of LB. I think you will find all bike forums have a hardcore of regular familiar posters, and can be accused of being cliquey.

Personally? they can be as “cliquey” as they like !! dont bother me none…:stuck_out_tongue: Even if i had to sit on my own at the ace (and ive done that a few times while waiting for someone!) it wouldnt bother me, all id be interested in is the ride i had down there and the one id be having to go back home again !! As long as i get on my bike and still have that smile on my face?..who cares who wants to sit with whoever, whenever or wherever??? I know my bike loves me…har har :stuck_out_tongue: And as for on the forum? well of course i can have a different opinon on what someone say, that i know, than with someone i dont, thats life isnt it?

Bottom line, surely is if you dont approve then simply dont click on londonbikers.com I’m sure the forum will get over it :wink:

Im with Stoopid :wink: lol (there should be an icon for that)
Forums are like mistresses, you can in theory have as many as you want to fulfil your every needs. I use gixerjunkies.com for my specific gixer ( not giXXer please) comments and laffs. I use LBs for general local news and that ‘greek guy?’ (Panagiotis) posts funny pics all the time…

MCN is good for bike news too, I have tried chatting on there too but many people on there are more inclined to comment on peoples gramma’ n’ spellin’ than anything that is written. Still the people are friendly and knowledgeable.

It is a bit scootery on here sometimes but as it a london site and scooters are damned useful for zipping around town on. ( I have a scooter and sports bike). To be honest I don’t want to talk about scooters as they are not something I can get too excited about compared to my gixer, I have a passion for learning about mods, tips and trick etc.

So LB is good and don’t be upset by all the comments. It serves a purpose, people keep coming back and seeing what is going on.

Sorry if my post is a little all over the place, I have not put all of what I have written into much sense. I hope you get the idea though… :smiley:

I’ve missed this arguement whilst I’ve been dealing with family stuff. This is the only biker site I’ve ever stuck with, due to the attitude shown on other forums. Most of the time most of the people are friendly, open and don’t slag each other off too much. It is possible that it comes across as cliquey, but I think it’s far less cliquey than many other forums out there. The support my wife was given when I had my little off was astounding particularly as I had only met 3-4 people in person prior to crashing. I doubt many other forums would have done that.

yep forgot about the support issue, the people on here are very supportive, when they all came and said hello to me when i was down and off was great, I know other forums do that but this one isthe best ALL ROUNDER I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS…

well I have just read all the comments.

I’m a member of another site as well, and I rarely visit that to be fair it is more when I need a part for my bike…

I have been a memebr of LB for about 3-4 years now, and I still come back every day 3-4 times a day and for me LB is the place to be.

I have mae some good friends on here, and I know in the future I will make more as well.

“LONG LIVE LB”

What sites do you visit?