Irrational biking fears

I had a wasp go in me lid once. Wasnt a nice experience! I took me lid off at the side of the road, had a hunt about and there was a KO’d wasp sitting im my cheekpad! :w00t:

Always ride with me visor down now lol!

Hmm maybe rear tire explode?

Nice to meet you too mate.

Another example of your black humour John?

it’s not really irrational if the thing you fear could actually do you a lot of damage, smashing into stationary objects or having stinging insects buzzing around your face(or a combination of both) seems to be quite a well placed fear.

if it was something implausible, like the fear of Sir Patrick Moore throwing a spear at you, hitting your rear tyre causing a blow-out which sent you into the back of a truck which happened to house a thousand venomous snakes, then you might be considered irrational(or Indianna Jones)

It’s the what if’s taht make my mind wander, like if I have to use my horn I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I hadn’t, But I like to think I expect most things that could happen and don’t really worry about it anymore

That said whilst I was riding along the A127 the other day two Apache gunship helicopters popped up from behind some trees and I must say I didn’t expect that

Sorry it’s late, I doubt any of that made sense

I am worried about getting those stinging insects into my lid, a wasp found its way into my lid from hitting my jacket just below my neck(i always wear a buff for this reason) and came up inside my lid and fell between the nose vent and visor. I was doing about 45 on a slip road towards the A406 so couldn’t stop immediately but slowed down, turned my head and flicked my visor open. Luckily I didn’t get stung, i think the wasp got knocked out as it hit my jacket:P

That is not an irrational fear - it could happen. :smiley:

have found my mind considering the fact that if I just pull hard on one of the handlebars on the motorway I’d probably die.

Manage to marginally freak myself out both that my safety is so marginal, and that my brain even thinks that way! :w00t:

Oh nurse…

Puddles!!!:w00t:

You should be really good now you have mastered where the balance point is :smiley:

My fear is being wiped out by so called group riders who are in fact only out for themselves :Whistling:

Like Sid my fears when riding are rational I think :unsure:

Sometimes when I’m hanging off my bike at speed in the country lanes I end up looking at the blur of tarmac flying past the side of me for a second or so instead of the exit.Very rarely I get a very strange urge to just let go…:w00t: the similar urge I get when I’m near an edge of a very high place as I suffer from Vertigo.

Of course I’d never do it but it’s kinda scary to get these unexplainable feelings of knife-edge between safety and total demise that make no sense to me.

Step away from the window Max. . . ;):stuck_out_tongue: