Inventions for motorcyclists by motorcyclists

Hello!

I was wondering how may of us have invented stuff for bikes, which could actually be useful for bikers…

For instance, how comes no-one has a single wiper blade (battery operated) on their helmets?
Or a tiny demister?
Or a very opaque blind that you can pull down to enjoy fresh air, without the eating of bugs?
Or Prescription visors for glasses wearers?

Stuff like that…
Mole

For the sake of sounding silly (what me !)…when Sean first took me out as pillion on long journeys, i thought it would be quite a good idea to have a tv screen in the back of his lid!..

…then i realised i could actually move my head and look around without jepodising the balance of the bike!

Hahahaha! Fantastic

i have, for my MEng project. Stay tuned the prototype is nearly complete and pics will be posted on LB. Also waiting for my patent application to be acknowledged b4 i can talk about it.

My neighbour suggested sliders with one large, central ball bearing in em to minimise friction, if anyone wants to run with that

I put an idea for cheap security on here when I 1st joined and was a complete hit, not sure how many people went with it in the end though…

Having been stiffed in the past by people nicking my ideas and making a mint on them, they are to remain in my head only until all you suckers buy them and make me rich

Nice ideas but not sure they’re practical unfortunately…

a single wiper blade (battery operated) on their helmets? - Probably they’d get ripped off as soon as you hit any decent speed, and also cause a lot of wind noise…

Or a tiny demister? - have to be very tiny, so probably wouldnt’ be effective enought to be worth while.

Or a very opaque blind that you can pull down to enjoy fresh air, without the eating of bugs? - Use a Buff, pull it up over your mouth and hey presto, no tasty lunch.

Or Prescription visors for glasses wearers? - had thought of this too, bit like diving masks… but then what happens when you flip your lid up??

It was indeed!

Being a total noob I’ve yet to find what I thought of…

…a small rubber squeegie (sp?) blade on your left glove.

Some (Keti… your Hein Gerikes ?) gloves have those already

I wondered about heated seats ? (as my bike likes to burn my balls with hot engine air at the moment (yet to be diagnosed :S))

sort of, but not really

Attachments

bikerack0001.JPG

consider it found:

http://www.aerostich.com/product.php?productid=16506

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=201800

i’d like an electronic marker you can add to your key and you’ve got a small unit on you wirelessly connected to it. if you mince off leaving your key in the bike, it warns you…

not that i’ve ever done that, in public places, ahem…

Brilliant. Cheers!

I love forums… research is for the other guy!

Don’t be silly! No-one EVAH does that kind of silly behaviour…

Mole

i could make that, im pretty sure u can buy these already usually involes an tiny rf id tag on the key and then a small device on ure key ring that will go if if not within a certain distance.

Drei not gonna be a millionaire by no means but would like ppl to use my product. Demo day is may 18th so after that ill have some pics and a vid of it working on the bike.

ive invented somthing called the flux capaciter…

it has been tested and on route to halfords(catford bridge) for a full demo…

it enables you to travel threw time when you reach the speed of 88mph…good eh?

the thought occured to me when i slipped trying to install a lightbulb and bangged my head on the sink…

there it was…BAM…plain as day…

i shall be selling the unit as a compleate package …(w/plutonium), the recommended mode of transport would be a d’lorian motorcar…(thats all that is available at this time)…

i am already working on the sucsessor to this modle that runs on household waste so watch this space…

bttf smiled.

ok another question.

How do you decide that your idea is worth taking forward, I have some wicked ideas, but would not even know where to begin… and building prototypes would never happen as I can barely make a airfix kit let alone something I adctually have to make…

i’ve searched in the past but couldnt’ seem to find any in the uk that were suitable/small enough not to bash the living sheite out of the yoke

defo interested if you can find one/knock one up fella