Insurance Doubled

Well it seems that all this massive increase in bike thefts and jackings has finally hit insurance costs here in NW London.

Quotes for a CB125F without any silly excess now come in at £1100 FC or £800 TPFT. Even a Forza 125 or PCX now come in at £1200 FC when only 2/3 months ago I could get for £600 FC.

At those prices it now makes getting a bike too costly so thankyou all the thieving scum of London.

Are you sure its nothing to do with Brexit?

Surely if those increases were purely down to the risk of theft then FC and TPFT premiums would be closer together.

I’d shop around

There’s one more reason, they recently announced a rise in premiums as a result of (I believe) insurance premium tax.

Also, a few insurers (MCE for sure) sometimes insure you through EU companies. So if the pound is weaker, you can be sure they will pass that extra cost on as they most likely will get charged in Euros.

There's one more reason, they recently announced a rise in premiums as a result of (I believe) insurance premium tax.
Also, a few insurers (MCE for sure) sometimes insure you through EU companies. So if the pound is weaker, you can be sure they will pass that extra cost on as they most likely will get charged in Euros.
Serrisan
By that method if should actually go down, as they would be making more money. Yes when thay pay out it would cost more but lets be honest they are not a not for profit organisation.

There's one more reason, they recently announced a rise in premiums as a result of (I believe) insurance premium tax. Also, a few insurers (MCE for sure) sometimes insure you through EU companies. So if the pound is weaker, you can be sure they will pass that extra cost on as they most likely will get charged in Euros. Serrisan
By that method if should actually go down, as they would be making more money. Yes when thay pay out it would cost more but lets be honest they are not a not for profit organisation.
The Sleeper

Not really… If MCE are paying for the insurance say 500 euros, in the old days they could have charged you (example) £400 to cover that, plus a bit of profit for them. Now they will have to charge you £500 to make a marginal profit on the exchange rate

The above does not reflect actual exchange rates or realistic profit margins, just an example.

Have I missed something in my logic? Maybe this is not how insurers buy off the continent. Of course hedging will play a role, but will be quickly forgotten to make a bit more money

bit cheaper than a CB125F, but I just got some quotes for around £330 for my YBR. TPFT, ranging from £150-800 excess. SW London. and I thought that was steep…

Well it seems that all this massive increase in bike thefts and jackings has finally hit insurance costs here in NW London.

Quotes for a CB125F without any silly excess now come in at £1100 FC or £800 TPFT. Even a Forza 125 or PCX now come in at £1200 FC when only 2/3 months ago I could get for £600 FC.

At those prices it now makes getting a bike too costly so thankyou all the thieving scum of London.

Hold Da Kæft
Lie! and lie if you ever need to claim, tell them that the bike sleeps in a garage with CCTV chained to a pitbull, and if it ever gets nicked tell them it was on the middle of the country side while you were taking a shit on the bushes. Fuck insurance companies! Just make sure you don't get caught on the claim (which is really hard for a CBF125, they are not gonna waste resources to investigate... if you have a rare or expensive bike... that's another story)

Hold Da Kæft
Lie! and lie if you ever need to claim, tell them that the bike sleeps in a garage with CCTV chained to a pitbull, and if it ever gets nicked tell them it was on the middle of the country side while you were taking a shit on the bushes. Fuck insurance companies! Just make sure you don't get caught on the claim (which is really hard for a CBF125, they are not gonna waste resources to investigate... if you have a rare or expensive bike... that's another story)
WildBoy
Possibly not the best advice you'll hear today.

Hold Da Kæft
WildBoy
Sounds like a great idea until you get caught, your insurance gets cancelled and you get put on a blacklist. Good luck getting cheap insurance then...

Though the chained to a dog bit sounds like fun :slight_smile:

Well of course it has his risks, but in this case you would be stealing from a thieve anyway…

It just bothers me that insurance companies sell you their services like they care for you, customers first bla bla, all that caring and we’ll take care of you on a rainy cold night, you don’t have to worry about a thing…

But then when the renewal comes…and they fuck you dry in the ass and without asking first…suddenly all that bullshit marketing doesn’t count

Capitalism- no company cares about you. They just want your money. If they can gouge more money out of you when you forget to search around for quotes, they will do. If they can sell you an inferior product or service and not get sued in the process, they will.

Well whatever the reasons for them shafting me it just makes getting any bike too expensive to run so my dream of being on a bike before years end (or ever ) is now over :rage:

So thanks for the past advice and if i ever win the lottery I’ll be back, till then Au Revoir

It’s a pisser…new bikers priced out of the market before they’ve begun

You’d have thought we were talking about Ferrari insurance - not for a 125…

What happened to a bike beimg the entry level to get mobile???

It's a pisser...new bikers priced out of the market before they've begun
You'd have thought we were talking about Ferrari insurance - not for a 125...
What happened to a bike beimg the entry level to get mobile???
Triang - Ross
It very much is an entry level to get mobile. A bicycle that is :(

Capitalism- no company cares about you. They just want your money. If they can gouge more money out of you when you forget to search around for quotes, they will do. If they can sell you an inferior product or service and not get sued in the process, they will. Von
meh it's not political is about the lack of moral standards of these companies...