Improving the Tea Hut

The juxtaposition of the tube train with tropical imagery reminds me of the work of the visionary dystopian writer JG Ballard :slight_smile:

If I ever come into some money I’m going to make a Yuppy biker cafe with quality coffee, fancy china and quality furniture. It’ll be amazing.

HAHAHAA… I didnt even know they had a site…which is funny…but what gives me proper jokes is the dvd for sale…

“one day there were some people, who having lived in the dirty south found there was something missing from there lives…Tea.” …“presenting an all star cast in a tale of action, adventure, desire and limited refreshment”

“All together it can mean only one thing…its…Tea Time”

THE MOVIE

said in best movie preview voice

:D:D:D

U r a joker…HAHAHAHAHA

classic! :D:D:D

You’re a cynical and negative lot.

Within a couple of miles of the Blackheath Tea Hut is a park where the local park users managed to get L B Greenwich to provide a fully fitted container as an “up-market” tea hut.

Up-market? Well it’s got a few tables and chairs in the dry. (I was the sucker that had to Project Manage that job on a shoe string budget as yet another “By the way, can you also…” job)

Yup, people pressure can work.

Just remember to refer to it as " … the civic amenity resource … "

Oh. I can’t miss this opportunity to say borrocks to the Blackheath Society. Bunch of over privileged ageing reactionary NIMBY’s and tree hugging yuppies.

Brilliant work NinjaJunkie :slight_smile:

Thanks Jetstream :slight_smile:

Finally a teahut worth visiting - I have always wanted to go to the pyramids :cool:

My wife actually got me a dvd of Blackheath Tea Stall for my birthday! Someone made an hour long documentary on the hut and filmed it for a year. I quite like the way it is and have spent many happy hours up there over the years. The owner (Peter?) has had a nightmare with local residents and the Blackheath Society who have made things difficult. If anyone interested here’s a link, it’s strange but compulsive viewing!

http://www.teatimemovie.com/

The Blackheath Society can stick their heads up their fat a…es for all I care, bunch of muppets…

Shall have a look at the vid/movie later this evening, thx for link :slight_smile:

I went there years ago - they are right on the edge of Cairo - as you walk through the suburbs you suddenly see the top of them peaking over rows of flats - it’s as if Stonehenge was sitting just outside Staines :smiley: Beyond them the desert starts and thats where everyone takes the pics to give the impression that they are in the middle of nowhere.

as has been mentined on here the bench was bought paid for m8s of a bloke called kevin, now why dont you get hold of the hut owner to see if we can get a bench their too? maybe do it in Puppy’s name.

I have just heard this young gentleman will be offering his advice on the Tea Hut next week. Form an orderly queue ladies;)

herd there moving th tea hut :w00t:

Attachments

bm-tea-hut.JPG

:D:D @ Jimbo ^^ :stuck_out_tongue:

i bet if that happend jimbo…BMM would be twice as busy;)

smiled.

yeah its called Marias!! :hehe:

And Westie :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

@NinjaJunkie and @Jimbo1 - excellent work there. Truly excellent.

hmmm pop up gazebo ???