Ignition problem...

My CBR929RR Fireblade is turning over but not firing. :frowning:

I’ve had a guy out from the RAC and he tested everything he could. He finally came to the conclusion that it was my ECU, but he wasn’t 100% sure.

What do you lot think?

Do I go out and buy an ECU and trust his theory? Or do you think it could be something else? :ermm:

i would get someone other the the rac to look at it before you splash on an ECU mate…

It may be the ecu but there pretty solid, hondas are known for electic problems :wink:

You might be lucky if you put out an appeal on here for someone with the same blade to swap over ECU for 5 minutes?

Just a thought before you splash the cash;)

Have you tried your kill switch:D wouldn’t be the first time.

not sure if its the same problem but my brothers old cbr600fn managed to kill a regulator rectifier and got an aprilia one chucked on there works fine now plus he connectors had died and had a burnt out connector block aswell

Cheers guys. :smiley:

It’s definitely not the Kill Switch as it is actually turning over, and the fuel pump is priming etc… It’s just not firing. There is no power going to the sparkplugs.

Does anyone know if the 929 'blade has some sort of seperate ignition relay? Or is it done by the ECU?

have you tried asking the guys on the blade forums?

Actually no. I’ll give them a go as well. Cheers buddy!.. :smiley: